DAY THREE: Christmas Trees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AU: Rainbow Quest Season 5

Characters: Sabre, Dark Steve, Time Steve

Story Status: In progress

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "S-so...remind me why we're out here again?" Dark's teeth chattered as he wrapped his jacket tighter around himself. "I-i-it's freezing out here!"

   Sabre, unbothered by the breeze blowing by them, turned back to grin at his friend. "It's tradition to put up a Christmas tree in your house. We're out here to find one!"

   It wasn't just Dark and Sabre searching for a tree. Time had accompanied them, wanting to get out of the village house for a little while and help with his friends' endeavor. He had never celebrated Christmas before, given this was his first year of existence, and he wasn't planning to miss out on any aspect of the fascinating holiday.

"Hey, Sabre! How does this one look?" The clock-masked steve called back to his friend. The human turned at the mention of his name, then scurried over to join Time near one of the trees.

Sabre was quick to evaluate the tree Time had picked. It was about six blocks high in height, probably too tall to fit in the house.

   The human tilted his head. "Ehhh, I think it'll be too tall to fit in the house. We need something smaller, maybe around four blocks high."

   Dark, who had come to join the others, glanced around the forest. "That's gonna be hard. Most spruce trees grow pretty tall."

"Nothing a little searching won't fix!" Sabre told him with another smile, then hurried off into the forest. Time glanced back at the other steve before dashing away to catch up.

Dark was unsure of how he felt about Christmas. He had remnants of memories from it, courtesy of the Assistant and Happy Orange Steve. He just wasn't sure if he should enjoy it. The darkness part of him despised it, but the steve side brought him curiosity and the urge to experience it for himself.

That was when Dark decided to ignore the wind gusting by him and run to find Time and Sabre.

   The pair had already ventured deeper into the spruce forest by the time Dark found them. They were stood in front of another tree, this time around five blocks in height. It was rather thin, however, and looked as if it were about to fall over.

   Sabre frowned as he studied it. "I'm not too sure about this one. Seems like it's about to collapse."