DAY FIVE: Fruitcake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AU: Rainbow Quest Aftermath

Characters: Indigo Leader, Cosmic (OC)

Story Status: In Progress

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fruitcake could be considered a delicacy in the seven kingdoms. It originated years ago, within the Violet Kingdom, a product of a baker's cake experiment. It became a tradition in the years after its introduction to be eaten at Christmas, as that was when the cake was first created.

   Fruitcake was rare in the Middle World. The indigo steves knew of it, but few could actually obtain it. Not to mention how controversial the dessert was among the residents of the world. Some liked it, others did not. Yet when someone could get a fruitcake from the Violet Kingdom, it was savored.

   Indigo Leader just so happened to be one of those people.

   He didn't just buy the cake for himself this year; he hoped to share it with Cosmic, another indigo steve not quite like the rest.

   His yellow, starlit eyes were proof of that.

   It was clear just how Indigo Leader favored Cosmic over anyone else. He looked nearly identical to Galaxy, his old friend, who died and split into the Steve's known as Time and Elemental. But even they were gone now, and in their place had appeared this young steve.

   Indigo Leader didn't plan to reveal that to Cosmic just yet. If he was anything like his predecessor, he probably wouldn't take it very well.