Chapter 24

#LWANDLE SIBIYA

Siko : "Do you think i have to tell them?"  She has been asking me the same thing since we left the organisation where her father is kept in.

Me : "Yes baby , its the right thing to do so that they don't suspect anything. I'll just be parked outside." She nods.

Siko : "Do you think we can trust that nurse?"  After Siko's father narrated his story , his nurse kinda heard some of the story then she offered to help us with keeping bab'Vusi in her house. Of course i have to do a background check on her and everything then try getting something to hold against her if she tries betraying us.

Me : "Don't worry baby , she wont even think of double-crossing us." She nods.

Me : "Baby , talk to me."

Siko : "Im worried about my father Lwa , i cant lose another parent especially after i had just found him. I can't."  She says sobbing , i park on the side of the road and pull her to me and make her straddle me. I brush her back

Me : "Don't worry , i also made sure to keep track of him , almost half of the staff is on my side."

Siko : "Kodwa Lwa.."

Me : "Shhh. Do you trust me?" She nods

Siko : "I trust you."

Me : "Then believe me when i say nothing will happen to your old man."

Siko : "Do you think the spell will get to him too?" I shake my head.

Me : "Dlamini protected us and gave us something the day i found your father. When he's back then you need a cleansing and a ceremony to be done for you." After sometime i drive off.

Siko : "So Mr Zulu huh?!"  She says giving me a look.

Me : "Yes , i had to."

Siko : "I'm not stupid Lwandle! I've heard your mother ask you if you've told me about you and i decided to keep quiet and wait for you to tell me but nothing!"

Me : "Can we talk about this later baby please? When we get to the hotel?"  She scoffs and looks out the window.

___________

SIKOLETHU MBATHA

We had just got to the palace and Lwandle was parked outside waiting for me. The first people i see when i enter the house was my dear cousin sisters

Thandeka : "Oh her majesty finally remembered that she's still a kid in the house."

Asemahle : "It's good to have you back 'my queen' " she says sarcastically and they laugh mockingly.

Me : "Well hello to you too dear cousins."

Thandeka : "Oh shut it! I don't know if your mother let you wander off with boys for days and then when you come back , you act as if everything is okay?"

Asemahle : "Well newflash! We don't do that here. We know it's your crazy father's kingdom but show our parents some respect too Ndlovukazi." She rolls her eyes after the last word.

Me : "So what? Im supposed to report to y'all too about my whereabouts as if it concerns you?!"

Thandeka : "Listen here you stupid piece of trash! Right now , at this moment this kingdom is our father's and so it's his rules or mom's!"

Asemahle : "we won't let you grow a big head about a ruling that won't even happen!"

Thandeka : "Besides , your father is almost in his way to the grave and you'll be left all alone and I won't be scared to kill you myself."  Before it could register in my mind , i had slapped her hard on her face.

Thandeka : "You witch!"

Asemahle : "DAD!! MOM!!!"  She screams and her parents and bhuti come running to the lounge.

Aunt : "What's happening?!"

Asemahle : "She hit Thandeka mama!"  Thandeka was sobbing so loud and it was getting me on my nerves.

Bhuti : "Siko! Why would you do that?!"

Asemahle : "We were tryna make conversation with her and she told us not to get so comfortable cause she's about to be queen and she'll get rid of us."

Aunt : "Siko?"

Thandeka : "She even told us that she doesn't have to report her whereabouts to anyone here when we asked her where she's been."

*CLAP!*

It goes quiet , my cheek starts stinging and when i look up , i see that the king had slapped me.

Aunt : "BHEKI !!!"

King : "I will not have you behaving like a heffer than come here with a stinking attitude! You hear me?!" I swallow and nod.

King : "Good! Now pack your things and go settle in the wendyhouse outside , that's where you'll be staying until i decide otherwise."  If only this man knew , he just made things easier for me. The parents and their daughters walk out.

Lwando : "I can't believe you!"  He clicks his tongue and walks out. I breathe out and rub my cheek that's stinging like a b*tch and walk out. It's not like i had any of my important documentations here so whatever.

Lwandle : "Baby?"  He calls out after i just got in the car , buckled up and breathed out exhaustively.

Lwandle : "How did it go?" I was only there to let them know that i won't be at the palace and lie about my whereabout , like i was tryna show some respect than to just disappear.

Me : "Can we go?" I say turning to look at him which i instantly regret.

Lwandle : "WAOH!! WHAT?!"

Me : "Lwa I'm hungry."

Lwandle : "Who the hell slapped you?!"

Me : "......"

Lwandle : "Sikolethu!! Who did that to you?!"  He shouts startling me so I just cry , i hear him breathe out then he starts the car and drives off.

Me : "Im hungry."  I whisper , he ignores me but drives past kfc and buys me food. The drive is absolutely quiet.