Chapter 2: Wait, what?!

Dear diary, what was in front of the door?

Right in front of me was a man in a black suit, with shadow-covered eyes, black hair, and light olive skin. He looked a few years older than me, maybe mid-20s.

"Who are you," I asked, "and why are you in my house, knocking on my door?" The man smiled and bowed to me. "Apologies, Prince Leo, we've been waiting for you for the past 20 years."

"Excuse me?" The man simply smiled, showing a mouth with pointed teeth. "We will explain in the morning." Then, Fern seemed to wake up, and yawned, "Hi, Varian, you finally found him."

I closed the door, eyes wide with shock, thinking it was a dream. I crawled into bed, closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

I woke up at 8 AM to the smell of Mamma cooking hash-browns in the kitchen with sausage, and promptly got dressed, and picked up Fern, who was sleeping on their bed. Walking downstairs, I heard Mamma, Dad, Bubba, and an unknown voice. Filled with curiosity, I walked into the kitchen, and saw the same man I had seen last night.

"Good morning," Mamma said, "How did you sleep, Leo?" "Good," I replied, "but who is this?" "This is Varian, from the Royal Castle! He says that they've been waiting for you for 20 years. They finally could talk to you because you're 21," Mamma said to me. "Wait, from the where?!"