Chapter 11: How did I feel?

Dear Diary. How did I feel?

In my room, I burst into tears. I've always lived in the same house, and now, I have to move away from my childhood house. I was terrified.

Change is scary. I remember crying when Bubba said he was planning on moving out. I was 14. He was 18. I was so confused because I didn't know why. Bubba had sat me down and said that he needed to get space. He said he'd visit a lot, which helped me calm down.

I remember when I had to change middle schools when I was 13 because my mental health was so poor. I didn't cry. I had no tears then. I had to change because I was being bullied for how I dressed. I felt like it was unfair that I was the one who had to change schools because others felt like clothing had a gender and that it was weird to see someone masculine wear feminine clothing. The following fall, during Hallows, I egged the school building while wearing dark clothes at midnight.

Fern was purring in my bag as I calmed down. I wondered if this life would ever stop feeling like shit. I sighed, put on my shoes, and put on my backpack. Telling Mamma that I would be back soon, I grabbed Varian and had him help me get past the guards to get to a moving truck I had rented.