Chapter 9: At the Tavern.

Dear Diary. Did we go to the Tavern?

A few hours later, we were at the Tavern. Dagny was at home, and we were at a table that was reserved for us. Apparently, Mamma and Father had planned ahead, and got a private room for us, along with 3 of Mamma's pies. Father said he was planning on paying, as both an apology, and a congratulations.

I don't like cake. It's often too sweet. Mamma's Apple Pies are the best. Especially warm with Vanilla Ice cream on them.

Occasionally, when Mamma and Dad drank which wasn't often, they would let me have a sip. Technically, it wasn't the most legal, but it was a tiny amount, and stopped a curiosity towards alcohol before it started. I found that there were alcohols I liked, and Alcohols I didn't like. I wasn't a fan of drinking wines, but I liked cooking with them.

When it was time to order our food, I ordered a medium rare steak with whipped mashed potatoes, and a decaf spiked London Fog with Lavender Whiskey.

Rosalie ordered a cherry sparkling wine, Mamma ordered a Mimosa that was a bit sweeter than normal, and Bubba asked for a cranberry vodka. Varian planned to drive all of us back to the castle, so he just ordered a caffinated tea. Father and Dad both ordered some expensive beer, and chatted with each other like they've known each other since childhood.