Short hair

Age: 11

Michako was now eleven, and she had become a little more happier. Her fears of yelling and fire had become less, but she started having hallucinations once every month, when she turned 10. She tried to forget about them anyway, because she was living her best life with her brothers. Now, Michako's hair had gotten quite long, and it was pretty messy.  

Michako was looking through a magazine while she waited for the others to come back from getting groceries. Leo was the only one with her. 

"Hey! Leo! Look at this!" She said to her brother sitting next to her.

"Huh what about it, princess?" 

She showed him an image of a woman with short hair, but it looked almost angular, and she had bangs in the front.

"I want hair like that! I gonna tell dad when he gets back! Then he can cut my hair."

"Why wait? I can cut your hair!"

"Really?" 

"Yeah? You're just snipping hair to get it into the shape you want! How hard can it be?" 

Leo grabbed his sister's hand and led her to the bathroom. She sat down in a chair he placed. Leo went to go grab some scissors. He got them and came back. He looked at her hair for a minute to figure out where he should start.

"Leo are you sure you know what you're doing?" 

"Of course! Now! Here we go!" He said raising the scissors to make the first snip.

*time skip*

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorrrryyyyy!" Cried the blue terrapin. 

Michako's hair was now short but looked nothing like the image. It went to the tops of her shoulders, and was still pretty messy. It also didn't a straight cut along the bottom, and her natural bangs had not changed.

Michako was looking at herself in the mirror while her brother thought her screwed up in the corner.

"Leo! Leo! Calm down! It's okay! I like it!"

Leo looked up at his little sister. 

"Really? It doesn't look bad?" 

"No! And the good thing is I can rock a haircut like this!" 

"Sorry if I thought I could do this." 

"No! Leo! It's okay! Just next time let's wait till dad gets home."

"Okay." 

Right then the heard the familiar voice of their father.

"Leonardo! Michako! Where are you two?"

"Oh! Speaking of which, Dad is home! COMING DAD!"

They ran out into the main room to meet up with their siblings and their father. They both ran in and gave their dad a hug.

"Hello my childr- Michako! Your hair!"

"Leo cut it! Doesn't it look great?"

Splinter chuckled and looked at his embarrassed middle child. 

"Sure it looks good." He snickered.

Leo perked up and smiled.

"Just next time, don't use Mikey's crafting scissors." Splinter suggested, gesturing to the children's pair of scissors in Leo hand. 

Leo face turned red with embarrassment, and Splinter chuckled.

"Why don't we go make lunch now that we're back with the groceries?" 

"Okay!"