|| 38. You and Me? ||

Annika was about to go out of the house hurriedly. She had come home, quickly freshened up, gotten ready and was now on her way back to the hospital.

"Bhabhi" Om called her as soon as she emerged from her room. She turned back surprisingly.

"Om, you here? Weren't you and Rudy going to stay with Shivaay? Why did you come back? Meine kaha tha na, stay with him"

"Calm down bhabhi. We came back because choti ma and chote papa were there. They only sent us back. Waise bhi Shivaay has exerted himself a lot. He needs rest, so he is sleeping. Isliye itne saare logo ka hona zaruri nahi hai. Choti ma just called me to tell you to take the sandwiches mom has made for Shivaay. Dr. Malik asked to keep giving him something healthy on regular intervals. He had soup sometime before, but once he gets up he has some tests lined up to check his vitals and then only can Dr. Malik tell us if Shivaay can be discharged or not. Uske baad choti ma wants ki Shivaay kuch khaa le. So please take the sandwiches with you. Shivaay likes the sandwiches made by mom"

"Did maa tell us all this?"

"I mean, I was there in the hospital when Dr. Malik was saying all of this. Aap aaram se jaiye"

"Yeah, thanks for informing me. I am anyway ready. I will leave after taking the sandwiches" She said and made her way to the kitchen.

Om noticed that she was concerned yet a bit zoned out. It seemed as if she was constantly thinking about something and was also reminding herself of the same. But since Shivaay had already made his decision, he didn't prod her further.

"Badi ma,  Om told me to collect the food for Shivaay" Annika asked, entering the kitchen.

"Yes, almost done" Janvi replied, now packing the readied food. "Till then, you eat this" And forwarded a plate to her.

"But I had tea and biscuits" Annika protested but Janvi shushed her.

"It is not enough. Kal se, you haven't eaten properly. If your husband and parents-in-law come to know, they will scold me" Janvi joked and forced Annika to sit near her and eat. Realizing that her words won't have any effects on Janvi, she obliged and started eating.

"Are dadi and Prinku okay?" She asked, remembering how miserable they both were looking.

"Woh.. " Janvi was about to reply when Prinku entered.

"Dadi is happy, now that bhaiya is fine. Dad has taken her to the temple. I told her to rest but woh kaha kisi ki baat maanti hai. I had made her sleep for a few hours yesterday night but phir bhi kam hi hai na. So, I have strictly asked her to rest once she comes back. As for me, I want to come with you to the hospital. Aaj bhai dooj hai and I want bhaiya to feel special"

Annika smiled seeing the love Prinku has for her brother. "Zarur chal. By the way, then what about Om and Rudra?"

"I have informed them and they are okay with me celebrating it with bhaiya first. Once I come back, I will celebrate with them as well"

"Fine, let's go"

She picked up the tiffin of sandwiches and made her way out followed by Priyanka. There, she saw Khanna standing at the entrance.

Walking up to him she asked, "Khannaji, you here? You need anything for Shivaay? Hospital bhi kisi cheez ki zarurat hai?"

"No no ma'am, I am here to take you to the hospital. Shivaay sir asked me to pick you up" He answered.

Annika was floored by Shivaay still thinking about her. At the same time, such acts were making it quite difficult for her to stand strong on her resolve.