|| 44. Forever Yours||

"Hello, Sneha, can you give the phone to Anni? I called her a few minutes ago and she didn't pick up. It is quite urgent"

"Sir, ma'am isn't in office. She has gone out" Sneha, Annika's assistant replied to a quite evident irritated Shivaay.

"How could you let her go alone, Sneha? Hadn't I told you specifically not to leave her alone"

She remembered how when she was appointed, her employer's husband had called her and given her very precise instructions on Annika and had specifically asked her not to reveal their relationship in front of anyone. Behind that stoic voice, she could easily notice the concern of a husband who was worried about the safety of his wife due his status in society.

"Sir, I had asked her and she replied that Khanna sir is there with her"

"Okay Sneha. Remember to be with Annika at every meeting and if you feel that any client doesn't give you good vibes, inform Annika and then me"

"Okay sir"

He cut the call and dialled his bodyguard's number, which was picked up at the last ring.

"Khanna, where the hell are you and where is Annika?"

Hearing his boss's loud voice, Khanna pitifully turned to the backseat to look at his ma'am who was sheepishly looking at him to not reveal anything.

"Stop looking at Annika, Khanna and answer me damit" The poor man gulped nervously and so did Annika. Shivaay only called her Annika when he was really angry.

"Sir, woh... "

"Stop stuttering and give the phone to her" He ordered and Khanna promptly forwarded the phone to her while she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Annika" His voice could be heard even though the call wasn't on speaker and she understood he was really shouting now.

Praying to all the gods she knew, she put the phone to her ear.

"Shivaaaay" Khanna couldn't help let out a chuckle at her extra sweet attempt for which Annika glared at him.

"How irresponsible are you?" She turned her attention back to her husband who was clearly unaffected by her sweetness.

"Woh.... "

"Kya woh. Pichle aadhe ghante mein, I have called you almost 30 times. And you aren't even in office, your personal secretary doesn't know where you have gone and you want me to be calm, mad woman" By this time, Annika was sure he was fuming and definitely Mishra was going to be begging to the gods she just prayed to save his dear life.

"Shivaay, meri baat toh sunn lijiye"

"Kya sunu? A made up story that you have made to convince me. Kahaniyaan achi bana leti ho tum but yeh real life hai. Tum Shivaay Singh Oberoi ki biwi ho. You are always in danger. And Tia pata nahi kya karegi. Tu samajhti kyun nahi. Bas apni manmaani karni hai. Tum ek kaam kyun nahi karti. Tia ko phone karo, usko apni location bata do and let her do her work, kyun?" Even though he was yelling, all Annika could understand from it was his genuine concern and extreme fear for her.

She recollected the ill-fated phone call a week back that night. Tia's voice had turned her blood run cold but Shivaay had held her hand.

"Kya hai Tia" Shivaay was glad this time, he got a chance to talk to Tia.

"Shivaay baby, didn't I warn you to leave your 'wife'. And the next thing I know is that you almost died trying to save her. Galat hain na"

"Cut the crap Tia and get straight to the point"