|| 24. Panic Attack ||

As we have gotten a sweet Shivikalicious surprise today, an update as a celebration is a must

More few days passed and Shivika got busy in their respective works. Annika was busy in arranging the reception party while Shivaay was busy in his meetings. They often came home late, silently had their dinner and went to sleep. They also didn't have the time to have hot chocolate in the balcony at night with their long conversations. Something which both of them missed, just didn't verbalize. After one such busy day, at evening, Annika finished her work early and called Shivaay up.

"Hello Shivaay, I have finished my work early. I am going home. Will you also be coming early?"

"No actually Annika. But I won't be as late as I have been in the past few days. I will be back by 9. We will order something okay. You just go home and relax for sometime"

"Shivaay, but I can make food. Please na. Itne din se we have ordered so many times. It is not good. Please" She requested.

"But... "

"Please na Shivaay" Annika shut down his protests.

"Okay fine. But nothing too elaborate. Kuch simple banana. I don't want you to tire yourself or burn down my kitchen" Shivaay whispered the last part to himself but Annika's sharp ears heard it.

"I heard you. Have I burnt down the kitchen in the past few months? Few months chodo, in the past few days, when you have been really late, I have only made food na. Did I do something wrong? Ab boliye?" She quickly aruged back ferociously.

"Hey, I cannot argue with you right now. I am standing outside the conference room since the past five minutes while my clients are waiting inside"

"Ha toh, you shouldn't have picked up the phone and waise bhi shaam ke 7 baje hai, which clients have come. Kaam dhande nahi hai kya unko?" Annika was still in that fighting mode.

"Annika, they are foreign clients and I need to be there right now. You just remember what I have told you and we will talk once I reach home, okay. Bye" And without waiting for her answer, he cut the call.

"Bagadbilla kahin ka" Annika muttered as she sat in the car that had been arranged specially for her by Shivaay since he and Khanna hadn't been able to pick her up for the last few days.

Shivaay tiredly turned his keys in the doorknob and entered the house. He saw the living room empty but the humming of a Bollywood song and the good smell of pesto pasta made him aware of Annika's presence in the kitchen.

He crashed on the couch, loosened his tie, rolled up his sleeves and opened the buttons of his waistcoat. Annika by then entered the room to keep the plates when she noticed him with his eyes closed and head back on the couch.

"Arre, you came. I didn't come to know"

Shivaay opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Kaise pata chalta. I kept ringing the doorbell for 5 whole minutes and when you didn't open the door, I had to use my key" Shivaay said tauntingly.

"Ohh sorry. Actually, I had plugged my headphones on and the song was playing quite loud. I am sorry" Annika cutely pouted and held her ears in apology.

Shivaay smiled faintly on seeing her cute expressions. But he didn't say anything and just got up to go to his room.

"So, am I forgiven, sir?" She emphasized on the word 'sir' which she was sure to get a reaction out of him.