three. what?

chapter three - what?

VESTA SAT IN THE BACK OF HER CARNIVOROUS PLANTS CLASS, TAPPING HER PEN ON HER DESK AS SHE WAITED FOR THE BELL TO RING. She had finished her assignment early on in the class and had been told by Ms. Thornhill to stop drawing in class so she simply sat there alone in the back, staring at the glass panes around her. She looked down at her desk to see a note with very messy notes about the Butterwort, and in the center of the torn piece the same messy handwriting wrote 'Are you alright?'

Vesta watched as Xavier turned around slightly to look at her, she nodded her head, picking her pencil back up and writing on the paper. 'I'd never think plants could be so boring.' She slid the note to the top of her desk watching as he picked it up and laughed quietly. The brunette listened to the rhythmic scribbling of his pencil as he placed the note back down on her desk.

'Yeah, because when you chose your schedule carnivorous plants piqued your interest.'

The bell rang and she stood up, watching as Xavier looked back at her, "In the grand scheme of things, dangerous plants do sound interesting when you have basic curricular classes on a list right next to it." She said as she walked past him, walking outside the greenhouse back toward the main school building. Before she entered the courtyards she was stopped by a girl she had seen around, Bianca she thought her name was.

"You need to stay away from Xavier." She said coldly.

"What?" Vesta said exasperated. 

"He's not interested in you, he's interested in me." Vesta looked up at her, she had the most strikingly beautiful eyes she had ever seen, and then she saw the amulet hanging around her neck.

"Oh, I get it. Yeah, sure whatever. I'm barely friends with the guy I have no interest in him." She explained, pushing past her. Bianca grabbed her shoulder, yanking off her amulet. 

"You will stay away from him." She seethed, letting go of her shoulder as Vesta mindlessly walked away. 

Tap

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Vesta sat at her desk, a block of marble sitting on the wood as she tapped delicately at it with a chisel, the dust covering the mat she had sat down on her desk previously. She anxiously carved away the marble, before sitting down her chisel and grabbing her jacket, walking out of her room down the winding stairs to the foyer, and sneaking out to the courtyard. She looked up at the moon, it was dull this night, more than any other night she had been at Nevermore. She sat down on one of the tables, looking at a mural sitting directly in front of her. It was hard to tell exactly what it was in the dark. 

The brunette sighed, standing up and getting ready to head back inside, though she saw Xavier leaning on the doorway, watching as she stood in the middle of the courtyard. "I saw Bianca talking to you." 

"Your crazy girlfriend?" Vesta asked.

"Ex-girlfriend." 

"Yeah I saw her, she tried to use her siren song on me."

"And it didn't work?" Vesta shook her head, tugging on the necklace wrapped around her neck. 

"This make's sure they don't."

"What did she want?"

"For me to stay away from you, She really has the jealous ex role down, huh?" Vesta walked up to him, standing a few feet away as they continued their conversation.

"She has a tendency to do that." Xavier sighed.

"She's the type of person that give Siren's bad names."

"Yeah...She really is." Vesta turned back around to face the mural, nodding her head in the direction of it.

"Did you do that?"

"Yeah, It's not finished yet."

"Not Bad." She teased.

"Yeah, I know."

Yoko and Vesta sat in Enid's room, Vesta sat on a ladder, painting on Enid's wall, while Enid had been painting Yoko's nails

Yoko and Vesta sat in Enid's room, Vesta sat on a ladder, painting on Enid's wall, while Enid had been painting Yoko's nails. The two had been telling Vesta about all the different events scattered throughout the semester.

"So we have the Poe Cup in a few weeks. Isn't that something we should prepare for?" Vesta asked.

"No, we will definitely have time. What we really need to worry about is you and Xavier Thorpe."

"He's my classmate, that's about it really. And his ex thinks I'm like in love with him."

"Bianca?" They both exclaimed.

"Yeah." Vesta finished painting the daisies on her wall, and the pastel colors matched nicely with her decorations.

"It's almost lights out, I should probably get back to my Dorm. Goodnight Yoko, Night Enid."

"Goodnight Ves," They said.