chapter thirty-eight

~maddy lively~

Im stressed, my dad found out about me fighting obviously i couldn't hide these bruises this time and the cut on my side, the fucker pulled a knife out, i handed in what my dad needed to pay off for the house yesterday but i did it anonymously because i knew if my dad knew he would ban me from ever leaving my house again, my dads a proud man maybe to proud for his own good he dosent like to except help from anyone.

im also stressed because right now im walking around the mall trying to buy everyone Christmas presents because Christmas is two days away, i have Lydia's, jays, callums and Diego's present done because they are the easiest to observe, and to find out what they want but everyone else i have no idea.

Me and lucas have been seeing each other more often now, we haven't told a lot of people the only person who knows is callum and amelia because they walked in on us kissing. which was the most awkward thing because amelia wouldn't stop going on at how me and lucas can go on double dates with her and callum and maybe we can invite jay and Lydia but they dont know about us yet .

my phone buzzes in my pocket and i pull it out to see lucas calling me, ''hey'' i say into the phone, ''hey what are you doing today?'' he questions while i walk into this band shop, i know damon likes nirvana so maybe i could get him a something like a t-shirt. i get everyone smelly sets anyway but i like to get people something else. ''im just shopping at the moment, what about you?'' i question picking up a nirvana poster, but put it back because i dont think he will want a poster.

''are you at the mall?'' he questions and i look around feeling like hes here. ''yes why?'' i ask seeing the most perfect gift for damon its a t-shirt but it also comes with a signed poster in a frame, that's perfect. ''ok well im going to go since im driving to pick up callum '' lucas says as im paying and i look out of the shop window to see his familiar brown hair, ''ok i love you'' i say and i hear him laugh through the phone. ''i love you to baby'' i end the phone and pay for my stuff, i walk out of the mall deciding im going to put these bags in my car then go back in.

''maddy lively'' i hear someone shout from a distance and i spin around seeing damon and kane walking towards me, shit his gift. i quickly close my car door locking it and walking over to them. ''whats up trouble'' kane says giving me a side hug. i laugh lightly hugging him back. ''nothing much why are you guys here?'' i question and damon makes the most dramatic sigh ive ever heard in my life. ''Christmas shopping maddy kane has dragged me with him'' damon says acting like its the worst thing in the world.

''what are you doing here?'' kane questions and i shake my head. ''the same as you guys apparently, i dont what i always do and left it until the last minuet to buy the gifts'' i explain starting to walk backwards so i can still talk to the guys but we make our way into the mall.

''well im defiantly the more responsible one the only person i have left to buy for is myself'' damon says picking up a candle out of the shop we are in, i see his face scrunch up at the smell making me giggle alittle. ''do you think my mom will like this?'' kane questions holding up a teddy bear made of roses that says mom on it, i look at in awe and nod my head, ''i think she will love it'' kane smiles putting it in his basket.

''guys im starving'' kane whines from beside us as we walk into another shop. so far ive got a gift for Aliyah, dad, amelia, faith and marcus but i have no clue what to get kane and especially lucas i feel like now me and him are together i need this to be special. a special gift but i cant figure out what to get. i pay for the t-shirts and walk out, ''we can get food now if you want'' i say and kane automatically perks up. ''hell yes'' he says making me laugh.

''hey i will meet you guys there i need to pick up one more gift'' damon says and i nod my head at his weird behaviour. ''what do you fancy to eat, we could get sandwiches, or fast food, or there is a cute little café abit past the food court i think there cakes are delicious'' kane rambles making my stomach rumble. i hear him laugh, making me shake my head.

i feel bad for not telling him about me and lucas, kane is such a good friend and i dont know why i haven't told him, its not like stuff can go wrong if i tell him is it. we decide on the sandwiches because there is sale on. as we are waiting for our food the guilt creeps up.

''whats up with you mad-'' before he can finish i blurt out. ''im with lucas'' i see his jaw drop out of surprise and i give him an awkward smile. ''im sorry i just felt guilty for not telling you since we have known each other for awhile and you always tell me every new detail that happens in your life and i usually do the same so when i didn't tell you this it started eating away at me'' i start rambling on until he starts laughing. ''maddy breath'' he says and i stop taking a deep breath. ''im so happy you told me, because you just made me win the bet'' kane says cheering slightly and i raise my eye-brows what bet?

''oh shit ye you dont know so basically damon and me made a bet about who you would get with first deigo or lucas and i said lucas because i could see the chemistry between you to but damon said you wouldn't date such a bitch and he thought you would go back to deigo but i win maddy'' he says and i shake my head at his pettiness, ''wait so you made a bet about my love life'' the waiter comes over to us with out food and gives me a questionable look because of the words that just left my mouth.

i smile at him not wanting to explain. ''you can go now'' kane says more serious then he was when he was just talking to me, the waiter's eyes quickly snap to kanes making him shuffle away in a very fast pace. ''im happy for you mads you deserve someone special even if that isn't my boy deigo''

damon finally comes back, ''oh my god you got betty's sandwiches'' he says sitting down infront of the sandwich we ordered him. ''yes well i had a craving'' i say and he smiles. '' i like your outfit today mads its very nice'' damon says before eating his sandwich. ''thanks'' i say looking down at my black jeans and fluffy jumper.

''i need a favour'' damon says making me and kane stop eating, ''could you possibly drive me home after, please?'' damon says and i throw him a questionable look. ''if you didn't drive how did you get here?'' i question and he raises his eyebrows. ''the bus maddy the germy bus'' i laugh at his comment and nod my head. ''sure i can do you need a ride to kane?'' i question and he just nods but not looking at me his eyes are focused on something behind me. before i can turn around he quickly says , ''i think we should get going now because it get darker quicker'' damon nods in agreement as i just give them a questionable look, but before i can say anything damon throws cash onto the table and grabs my shopping bags for me. so i have no choice but to follow them now.

''whats wrong'' i say as soon as we get into my car, ''nothing mads i just didn't want to sit in there any longer i knew to many people'' i just give him a look and stare back at damon who in aggressively typing away on his phone, i sigh before starting the car and driving in the direction of their houses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter thirty-eight

make sure to eat and drink.

love you all

.k.