chapter fourty-seven

~maddy lively~

This hospital is starting to get tiring now, me deigo damon kane and amelia where all brought in for check ups. ''if i could give you some advice'' the nurse says stitching up my arm. ''stop getting into trouble now so it dosent cause trouble for you in the future'' she says snipping the thread at the end and i just stare at her.

''trust me hun you dont want to cause all of this now then wake up in twenty years when your trying to raise a kid and start a family but you cant because your demons from the past keep popping up with unfinished business we dont stay young forever'' she says shinning a light into my eyes checking my pupils.

''you seem to be healthy which is surprising since your circular activities consist of destroying yourself. Im going to give you these just incase your head starts playing up or any other part of your body'' she hands me some pain meds and i take them knowing full well they wont be going near my mouth. this nurse dosent seem to fond of me.

''you dont seem to like me very much'' i say making her look at me before wrapping a bandage around my knuckles, ''its not my job to like you its my job to look after you'' she says pulling the bandage tighter but it dosent hurt. ''i didn't say your job was to like me but apart of your job is to make your clients feel welcome and right now your acting very hostile'' i say grabbing her hand to stop her from wrapping it to tight till it cuts off my circulation.

''i think you want to be able to relate to someone so your dumping all of your shit onto me which isn't a part of your job'' i say and she just looks at me, i give her the meds back knowing there is no use in me taking them off her hands. i go to get up to see how my friends are doing before she speaks up.

''we have patients dying out there from more serious issues then a concussion and some busted up skin but you get treated and looked after to the best of our ability why because your mom was some big time business women'' she says and i scrunch my fists in my hands. shes a nurse you cant hit her.

i steady my breathing clenching and unclenching my fists a couple of times. ''i didn't ask you to help me for all i care i would have rather died in that building then to have been the one to walk away but no matter how i feel'' i say pushing the metal table that's got all the essentials on to her causing her to back into the wall. ''you have no right to mention that women's name nor do you have the right to think you can comment on my private life stick to what you do best cleaning up cuts and tending to peoples injuries before you piss of the wrong people do i make myself clear'' i say calmly and slowly looking directly into this women's eyes. she nods her head quickly. i walk back over to the door and open it leaving that women behind.

walking through the lobby i see deigo lying in a hospital bed , i walk over to the door and knock quietly.'' hey'' he says softly struggling to get up but i just place my hand on his shoulder stopping him he slowly rests his head back onto the pillow. ''this is fucked'' he says and i nod my head sitting in the chair next to his bed, ''what are all these for?'' i question the wires coming out of his body. ''lost of blood i think im pretty dosed up on anaesthetic right now to remember'' he says a goofy smile plastered on his face and i make a cheesy grin, ''im sorry'' i say and he just shakes his head, ''maddy if i hear you say sorry one more time im going to lose my mind'' he says and i chuckle before laying my head down on the side of his bed, i feel his fingers run through my hair and i sigh felling relaxed.

''nothing is your fault i went to your mom by myself to question her when i really shouldn't have but i did that was my mistake not yours'' he says running his hand to the top of my neck signaling for me to lift my head up. i meet his gaze and i fall into his green eyes, ''i know you have a boyfriend and this si so wrong of me but i cant let you walk away from what we had without truly knowing how much i loved you'' he says his tone of voice changing into sorrow, ''deigo i cant have this conversation'' i say placing my hand on top of his that's caressing my cheek, ''i know but if you go to my place under my bed is a box and its for you i haven't been able to give it to you because i only finished it last week but i think im ready for you to see it'' he says and i nod.