The reminiscence

" Okay, enough Surohi , this much makeover is enough. I don't want to be late for our evening meet."  Devika said in a hurry as Surohi tied her necklace.

"Oh, princess is in a hurry to meet her dear husband for the night." Surohi teased her.

Devika blushed and replied, " Surohi, if I wasn't getting late, I would have beaten you up." She giggled and rushed out of the room.

Devika wore a purple saree with golden border. Her jet-black hair was tied in a bun. Her face was highlighted and contoured with ayurvedic powders. Her lips were colored crimson red. She wore a gold necklace, one of the many gifts from Ashwini.

Her married life till now had been fruitful, joyous, full of excitement and exploring.  They would go horse riding together, stroll in the garden together and have a swim in the royal pool together whenever Maharaja Ashwini could spare time from the courtly duties.

She was happy because after the series of bad news of crop failure then bull attacking people... they were finally having peaceful hours together. 

"Welcome, my queen, you look ravishing today. Come on let's have some tea." The balcony was lit with lamps and moonlight. The table was covered with red velvet clothe and on top of it were a basket full of fruits, jasmine flowers, tea and some snacks made by the royal cook. The ambience was romantic. A light wind blew. The pillars and railing of the balcony were sprayed with sandalwood perfume. 

"Thank you, my king, I am delighted to be here. You too look so charming. " Devika complimented Ashwini.

Ashwini looked Ashwini very much, a view to enjoy, the masculine smell, his beard always in proportion with his face, that jaw to die for, his wavy hair and then his torso which was unfortunately covered by his clothes. Unfortunately!

Ashwini gave her a wide smile and held out his hand to her while he sat at his side of the table.

There was a glint in his eyes, mischief hidden behind his lips that separated his kingly self from his playful self. Devika took his hand, and he pulled her into his lap.

Warmth spread through their beings. Ashwini nuzzled into her collar bone as she kissed his forehead. Their hands went exploring each other's body.

"Maybe, the tea and all these decorations were unnecessary, Maharaja." Devika perked breathing heavily.

"Yes, I think so too." Ashwini managed to say while he clipped her ear between his lips.

-----------------------------

Surohi had nothing to do when Devika was with Ashwini, so she would always hop to the warrior chambers to take a glance of her man.

Though many warriors would practice in the chamber, but she waited until everyone was done for the day except Amrish. The army chief worked a bit extra than the others.

And then what a view it was, to see this muscular army chief weaving the sword skillfully through the air.  At times, he would take off his shirt. And Surohi believed these were the most gifted moments.

But today he wasn't there inside the chamber. Surohi's spirit had a downfall.

" Are you a warrior? " That familiar voice asked.

She almost flipped at this sudden intrusion. She turned her neck and saw that guy she was crushing over. His hair was wet, probably he had poured some water over his head to curb the sweat and heat. And this was one of the gifted moments. He was shirtless this time.

"Are you a warrior, lady?" he repeated the question.

"No" she said in a little voice.

----------------