The talk

Devika was in her room now.

 Her maid Surohi was applying a paste of Sandalwood and neem on her body.Devika always thought why wouldn't Surohi go away .She was cursed after all .But Surohi always took a stand beside her . 

"Princess , you mean he loves you and you are tensed ? " Surohi enquired. 

"Surohi , why would he do that ? " Devika questioned to her like she was a love expert.

"Because you have nothing in you that people would hate, you are a bautiful , kind and talented lady. Look even Maharaja lost to you in sword fight . Except the fact that some people are pretty fools to be scared of the curse. " Surohi answered like an actual love expert.

"Why did that hermit had to curse me ? " Devika was in tears now. 

"Because that is destiny , princess ." The same answer a millionth time. 

Surohi wiped Devika's tears as she had to put the face pack. 

"What will happen to Maharaja when I marry him ? " Devika was in utter confusion.

"He will become the happiest person in this world , princess ." Surohi assured her.

Devika smiled weakly . 

Surohi was not her maid , she never considered her a maid .She was always her friend . It was true that Surohi knew more about the world.She was a common girl . How  wouldn't she know? Being a princess Devika was never allowed to walked out of the palace walls let alone roam freely . And the curse added more to it . Surohi was her eye towards the world. All she knew was Surohi's perspective. The only thing , actually , the only two things Devika had known herself were swordship and mesmerizing people with her beauty .

Surohi finished applying the pack on her face .

Meanwhile Ashwini , in his room, smiled at their last encounter lying in his bed.

"Isn't she a goddess ? " He muttered looking at the roof.

 *****************

 "Rajaji , will you enlightened me as to, on what terms did you chose Maharaja Ashwini as the potential groom , although , he lost the sword fight like us all." A bandaged prince of Ahlawa asked Devika's father.

Raja Vishalam had taken a walk to the guest chamber to soothe the pain of the young princes who had suffered the sword of Devika . And here in the chamber of Ahlawa's Prince he found the young man lying in his bed like a corpse , motionless. 

"My son , I accept that Ashwini lost but he defended himself the best. He only got a cut unlike all others who got many. This showed that he will protect my daughter just like he protected himself. I must tell you he was so sensitive as to not harm my princess which wasn't the case of many other prince. Now I must take my leave. Hope you recover fast." And with that Rajaji went to another chamber of 'Martyr princes of the swayamvar ' !

------------

My head hung low. I was defeated. You came and sat beside me . You said nothing . Only silence lingered around. But your eyes seemed to make conversation with mine. And somehow you consoled me for my past and cheered me for my future. In return I hugged you and vowed never to leave you .Never.

--------------

Don't forget to vote : )