- Chapter 3 | Snap back to reality

••𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3 | 𝑺𝒏𝒂𝒑 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚••

Athen and Wednesday were locked into something the demigod students would call a childish battle. Since it didn't involve actual death or bloodshed, it made everything else sound less exciting. Because what's a good battle when someone isn't on the brink of uttering their last breath? It's a shame this wasn't a real one. Although, Athen would hate to be on the receiving end of the other girl's wrath. But you didn't hear it from her. No, not at all.

The two Nevermore students were both engaged in this heated staring contest, sitting in the front booth of the coffee shop with their eyes still not daring to make a move. Not a single word was said. The unusual pair refused to lose against one another. Weakness wasn't bought, it was earned. And they were both walking on eggshells around each other.

Wednesday swallowed dryly, breaking eye contact with the brunette sitting right across from her. An enormous pit of fueled up anger opened right inside her stomach. What was wrong with her? Was she suddenly coming down with a cold? No. The Addams rarely ever got sick. This was something else worse than your common cold. An incurable disease.

The taller girl grinned in some form of twisted satisfaction. The win managed to strike a cord all the way down her demigod ego before stripping her eyes of any nagging emotion. Wednesday was quietly taking the loss harder than one normally would. She had never lost an easy match of such simple instructions before. It was killing her. Eating her from inside if you will.

Athen loosened a few buttons on her black dress shirt, pulling her jacket open to give thing a chance to crawl out from inside her pocket. "So, what's the deal?" She grinned beginning to drum her fingers along the edge of the table. The sounds erupting from her actions were almost annoying. Fueling somebody's frustration even more.

Wednesday faintly widened her eyes, sending thing a pointed look. "So that's where you've been sneaking off to during the middle of the night. You disappoint me thing" she muttered, watching as the dismembered appendage clung to the clutch of the brunette's leather jacket. "What business do you have with thing?" The raven head strained, locking eyes against the smug female's blinding smile.

The demigod draped an arm across the firm spine of the red booth, slumping gracefully against it. She tilted her head to the side, unfazed by the designer glasses sliding down her nose. "Well, that's for you to figure out and a reason to keep me around" Athen hummed with a slick smirk overtaking her lips. "I'm sure I'll be of some use to you when the time comes" she pushed, placing her other hand against the fabric of her pants.

The Addams girl slowly contemplated the offer, studying the brunette sitting across her before preying her apart piece by piece. Athen refused to crave at her raging eyes. Wednesday bit the inside of her cheek almost drawing blood. "Fine. But this is what you're going to do" she glared, intertwining her fingers together on her lap. "I am going to get my coffee and then you are going to call me a taxi"