- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 30 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒔

••𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬••

Athen banged the metal hammer down on the crooked iron blade, flattening it down to the right shape. A few rugged groans of approval left the girl's mouth before dragging a wet rag across her dripping shoulders. The demigod's eyes lingered on the red tipped arrow leaning on the ticking wooden clock.

It had been the second time that the demigod had encountered that meaningful object. She had almost met death twice in a row. Fortunately for Athen, she had the battle instincts of a cold blooded warrior. She had gotten Ares praise. "Unbelievable" the brunette muttered underneath her strained breathing.

The thought of having a frightening stalker lurking in the shadows wasn't a reach. There were many tales out floating around about jealous written foes. The torturous Athen Zelos just happened to be the new installment in the story book of hideous twisted tales.

Poison dipped arrows were almost rare among the demigod's reciting at Nevermore. After a long nefarious accident of a student's death a few decades ago Weem's had banned the arrows all together. However, that didn't exactly rule out that her stalker wasn't a Nevermore student. This just meant that this person wanted war. And a war they would get.

Loud chewing sounds entered the scene, overlapping the demigod's thoughts. Athen knitted her eyebrows together, throwing a tired look at the perpetrator. The blonde haired boy met the brunette's gaze with a look of his own. He took another spineless bite of his food, shrugging his shoulders.

"How come the disgusting likes of you gets another prophecy?" Orion spat, motioning towards the Greek words etched into a wooden slab mounted onto the ceiling. Athen inhaled sharply before running her fingers through her locks of hair drenched in sweat.

"You think I want this, Orion?" She snapped, dragging her tongue across her lower lip. "Do you think I want a war on my hands?" Athen hissed, threateningly hovering over her workbench. "Boy, you sure are smart aren't you?" She murmured. The boy slowly stopped his chewing, quickly blinking the fear and anger out of his shaking eyes.

The blonde boy gritted his teeth. He knew when to keep his mouth shut especially after the events of the Poe Cup. Orion cleared his throat, straightening his posture before pointing a finger up at the unfinished sentence. "Where exactly did you find the first half of the prophecy?" He questioned taking another excruciating bite of his food.

Athen kept her rough poisonous gaze on the boy for a moment before slowly standing back upright with her silver chain no longer dragging across the work bench. "In Crackstone's crypt. The night of Wednesday's birthday" she inquired, shoving a scrap of iron into the roaring flames. "It was written right underneath his Latin words"