- 10 Things Wednesday's Matias Harlow can't live without

••10 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑾𝒆𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚'𝒔 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕••

Hello, GQ I'm Matias Harlow..." Matias flashed a nervous grin at the camera, clasping her hands together before leaning her elbows on the top of the table with her messy curtain bangs draped all over her eyes. "...and here are my essentials"

[Strat guitar]

Matias carefully picked up the beautiful red Strat guitar before laying it down on the table. The girl fumbled with the custom blue, purple, and pink strap, glancing up at the frame before licking her lips. "So, guitars have played a very important role in my life. I got my first guitar when I was..." Matias scrunched up her nose, arching her left brow with a slight grin crawling up her face. "...when I was about ten"

She let out a small chuckle, running her hands through her messy short hair. "Unlike other kids, My parents used to ground me by taking away my guitar, cause, I would just lock myself in my room and go school with bandages wrapped around my fingers because I used to play for hours and hours until you know....my fingers bled" Matias scratched the back of her nape in embarrassment before holding up her hands to the camera, wiggling her fingers around. "But as you can see my habits have gotten better so, don't worry about that"

"This guitar, however" she pulled the strap over her head, softly stroking the strings with ease. "is very special to me because someone very important to me bought it for me not that long ago" Matias slicked her hair back not trying very hard to hide her smile. "Definitely very special"

[Book]

Matias whistled, flipping through the endless pages of the soft-covered book before shifting in her chair. "This is one of my favorite books, believe it or not, but it was what heavily inspired Tim Burton to write Athen's personality other than the Percy Jackson series of course" she grinned, tracing her fingertips over the front of the book cover before showing it to the camera. "The Outsiders" she dragged, making jazz hands.

"You know, I would say that Athen is a lot like Dally in the sense that she cares a lot about Wednesday just like he did with Johnny. Dallas never tried to overly show his worry for Johnny but it was there. Athen is also a small mixture of soda-pop and ponyboy," she explained, breaking into a huge grin once Dally got brought into the conversation. "Now see, Dally's a man I would marry" she winked, leaning back in her seat with her hands stretched high above her head.

A small giggle could be heard from behind the camera only making Matias grin widen before slowly turning her attention back to the book. "It's a very lovely book. It digs into the idea of self-identity vs. group identity and I think that's something that Athen constantly has to deal with. I also think that's what makes her such an interesting and enjoyable character to play"