- Chapter 20 | daddy issues

••𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20 | 𝒅𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒚 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔••

Wednesday ultimately followed her parents to a more secluded area, throwing sharp glances at Athen and Pugsley over her clothed shoulder. "I really don't get how this is necessary" she muttered, letting out a breath of air as she began shifting awkwardly underneath her parent's lingering stares.

Gomez clasped his hands together, taking a long hard look at his nervous stricken daughter. "So," he started sending his wife a huge cat-like grin. "When did that demigod win my little storm cloud's heart?" He asked with a small smile as Morticia slapped his shoulder. "Gomez don't be ridiculous," she smirked, crossing her arms across her chest before turning toward her daughter

"She's an Addams if anything our little storm cloud won over her demigod's heart. It's what us Addams do best" she praised earning a sound of agreement from Gomez who hummed in content. "You're absolutely right tish" he whispered kissing up Morticia's arm as Wednesday scrunched up her face avoiding as much eye contact as possible. "Our little storm cloud won someone's heart with her own poisonous charm"

Morticia hummed placing a gentle hand on her husband's broad shoulder before dropping her glance on the shining silver ring adorning Wednesday's ring finger. "I say we invite her to spend the summer with us once this year's school term is over" she suggested as Gomez placed a hand over his heart, huffing at the ring on his daughter's finger. "I think that's a marvelous idea Cara Mia"

Wednesday narrowed her eyes on at the dragon ring shining against her pale skin before intertwining her hands behind her back. Strictly hiding them out of her parent's sharp sight. "What is this all about Father? Mother?" She cut right to the chase with a subtle glare of her eyes full of embarrassment and unwanted amusement.

"I have a nagging feeling that you guys didn't just bring me here to talk about my...love life" she mumbled with a small slip of her gaze once a certain word was mentioned. "Unless if you did then I would advise you to stop. I will not be talking about my sudden romantic interest with my parents" Wednesday glared making it pretty clear that she wouldn't open up anytime soon. "It's embarrassing"

Gomez and Morticia locked eyes with a hint of smugness lingering behind them. The taller raven head sighed before a smirk found its way across her supple lips. "Never fear Wednesday" she reassured with a short wink. "If we can't get it out of you we'll just get it out of our new dear daughter-in-law"

The shorter man watched as Wednesday's eyes widened before quickly regaining her composure. He rose his brows as a certain glint shined in his daughter's eyes. It was a form of jealousy. Oh, how dear an enemies jealousy was. That painfully wretched emotion was what drove people to commit the most heinous yet romantic driven crimes. It was full of heartache covered in a cloth of beauty.