- Chapter 18 | The Rave'N dance

••𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 18 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒂𝒗𝒆'𝑵 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆••

A/N: 5,934 words. Y'all better love me after this :')

A man of great power curled his right hand around the armrest of his stone-encrusted throne. A deep hardened sigh echoed throughout the cold labyrinthine walls. His godlike fingers treaded through his bushy beard, pushing and pulling on the doubts of despair. "I don't even know why we bother to keep her alive" Hephaestus stopped his pondering with a look of conflict resting on his rough facial features. He leaned back on his throne, dragging his tongue across his chapped lips.

"She's a danger to society" the voice hushed, sending the god a great spark of annoyance. "She's a danger to us!" It squeaked again only fueling the god's annoyance and anger even further. "A danger to whom exactly?" He voiced out, lifting his hand in the air. "She's my daughter. A child born from the brightest flames of my fire and the finest scraps of metal. That child does not pose a threat" he added, bringing his hand back down to his side.

"Your ignorance blinds you lord Hephaestus" the voice whispered stepping out from the shadows and into the bright light coming down from the walls like a waterfall. A new voice quickly entered the scene. "That thing is not your child" it glared, watching carefully as the god tapped his nails against the armrests of his throne. "That thing is not my sibling either. She's not worthy. She's nothing but a mere wretched mistake" the voice complained with malicious intent hidden behind its poisonous tone. "A mere carbon copy of what I was meant to be"

Hephaestus shook his head, staring daggers into the eyes of his broken shell of a son. "Difference is that she isn't a murderer" he shot, watching the hurt shake behind those green hazy eyes. "She didn't try her best to watch the whole world burn. Athen didn't try to kill her mother when she turned her own back on her. There's a reason why you are kept underneath my watchful eye child" he muttered, biting down on his lower lip. "You're the carbon copy she was never meant to be. You are not my son"

The younger boy glanced over at the other person in the room before swallowing thickly bringing his attention back to his father. "No. You lie" he accused, glaring from behind the iron walls that kept him hidden away from everything good in the world. "You lie!" He shouted, banging his against the walls in anger.

"I am superior!" He yelled, dragging his battened fingernails across his fresh self-inflicted wounds. "I surpass that filthy thing in every way! I am your son! Son of the blacksmith! The one who is going to turn Olympus on its side and rid this world of inferiors like her! I am Alastor Pierce the one who is destined to soak the world in Athen Zelos blood!" He fought, franticly pulling on his golden locks of hair.