i dont know, just let me

"Hm?" Heizou sat there contemplating, his eyes slightly squinted visually showing his internal conflict. He already knew this was about Scaramouche, he could tell and you weren't exactly hiding it well. You watch him think for maybe about two minutes before he finally meets your eyes. "No."

"Well damn..." you considered Heizou an expert on everything because he was super smart or something. You don't know why you put so much trust in him, you just do.

"Tell me the whole story, N/N. I wanna hear your perspective." He shut down the game then pat the spot next to him on the bed telling you to sit.

   You sat down with a sigh, Heizou immediately gave you an expectant look. "Mhm, right. So basically I tricked him into asking him to ask me my birthday, and he did so, indirectly."

   "By tricking you into giving you your birthday to the cashier?" Archons, he was always spot on.

   You nod, "He got Kazuha to lie by saying I could get free ice cream that way." The thought of him being too scared to ask you explicitly made you smile.

   "Quit smiling. Tell me the details of your... date." He hesitated on the word date, he was definitely only saying date to make you happy.

   "Don't Heizou, you were right about it not under the qualifications for a date." You chuckled at how stupid you were. Heizou had a smile on his face but wiped it off as soon as it appeared, he thought you were dumb too.

   "Mm, so you guys bonded or something afterwards?" He sounded bored at the thought of you barely making progress.

   "Maybe, he kept making fun of me. Even laughed at me choking on my ice cream." Heizou held his hand over his mouth to prevent a laugh but you heard little huffs. "It's okay, you can laugh." You smiled when he shook his head, helplessly.

   "You want to know the qualities in a date which makes it a date?" His tone was full of suggestion but you knew he was just teasing... thought. When you raised an eyebrow he smiled. "Meet me on Friday if you want to know" he smirked at you, letting himself relax by resting his back on the bed and tugging at your arm to join him.

   "Mhm" you assumed it was a joke then laid down next to him. "You think he likes me?"

   "And you think I was joking?" That comment of his made you turn on your side to look him in the eyes, he looked serious.

   "Oh, yeah sure." You smiled to lighten the mood because Heizou seemed genuinely upset you took his invite as a throwaway comment.

   "Hold on, you want to watch a movie?" He sat up quickly as if he just made a big discovery in a slow-progressing case.

   "A movie? Really?" You sat up next to him a bit upset for whatever reason you didn't know yourself. Maybe you still had some feelings left for him? "Yeah I want to watch one, just come back quickly." Knowing he asked to watch a movie meant he was going to grab every snack he thought he could stuff in his mouth. Good thing days like this only happen once or twice a month.

   "I just want a clear answer from you, Y/N." Your given name didn't sound right coming from his mouth. Neither did he even use it. Ever. Him saying it made you frown, you agreed so what did he want. When you were going to give him a response he already left to get the snacks.

   When he walked back in, you were curled up in his blankets staring at the ceiling. You felt the bed dip knowing Heizou was back along with the rustling of the snacks he brought. You were still questioning whether or not Heizou was extremely mad or disappointed, you were even scared he knew your name—he always called you by your nickname.