its okay if they know you're lying

"...Is that really necessary?"

   Your mom, who recently came home, was stuffing you under blankets and spoon feeding you soup. It's probably poisonous from the amount of medicine she put in there, but she's trying her best. She didn't exactly check to see if you were actually sick, she probably saw the eye bags under your eyes and thought you were ill.

   "Yes, you need to return to school soon or you won't be able to go to photography club with your friends anymore!" You probably should've told her you quit after a few months because you got kicked. Not like it matters, the school doesn't require clubs, thankfully. It's been two days and, surprisingly, nobody came to check on you at your doorstep. You had great friends, they knew you wanted space, of course.

   Photography club was an adventure, you expected it to be calm and nice, but everyone in the club went together to go hike for pretty views and go to places in the middle of nowhere for the sake of one photo. It was crazy, beautiful, breath taking, and anxiety inducing. The amount of times you tripped while the rest of the people on the trip had to go and help you up was embarrassing and scary. They saw you as a friend, yes, but they also saw you as a weak link who couldn't walk up a hill correctly. When they joked around, they assumed you didn't mind because you laughed along, but... No you couldn't blame them, it's your fault you didn't say anything about it.

   "I remember one time when I was your age, i tried to take a picture of the sunset with my Polaroid, but the picture came out all white every time I snapped a photo!" She laughed but you didn't get the joke so you sat there, pondering, it really wasn't fun- "I also rem..." she couldn't speak because she was laughing too hard. A smile like this was rare on your mother's face... guess it was a little funny.

"Hey, why don't we go to the mall?" You snapped your head up to meet your mom's soft expression. "I know you're stressed, I think a day off would make you happy?" She stood up and walked slowly to the door, "get ready N/N." She left the room with a winner's smile.

   With that, she knew you weren't ill.

-

"I feel so bad for Y/N..." a usually cheery voice was slumped over a desk and whining uncontrollably. "I wish I was there to slap Heizou across the face!"

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here," the teasing voice called from the door to the classroom.

"You weren't here..." Yoimiya stood up sharply after realizing she was supposed to be chewing his ears out. "You seriously didn't consider that the pretty lady was going to be weirded out?"

"No, I knew she was." Heizou ignored Yoimiya's angered face. "Trust me on this, N/N will get what she wants and they'll have a happy ending." Heizou waved his left hand lazily and went to sit down on his designated chair.

"The hell do you mean by that? Happily ever after meaning Scaramouche is thrown out of Y/N's life forever?" Gorou had finally inserted himself in the conversation after grumbling to himself the entire time.

   "You guys really don't trust me..." what would've been Heizou's long rant about his plans was cut off by the school bell ringing.

-

   When I heard it, I was baffled. My little brother had been talking to someone who had claimed to be someone else. Didn't ask for proof, he was easily fooled.

   I played under the impression that I was angry at that young girl, but I guess I'm more indignant at the fact someone who was related to me and my mother, was that stupid. Seriously, a Raiden didn't ask for proof and just continued to talk to them.