new self confidence

"I thought you said she was ordering you a burger..." Gorou spoke, breaking the silence.

"This is literally a burger," you pull out and stick the order number, 63, in his face. "It says it right there."

"Hey you ghosted us for a day, what gives!" Itto had snapped out of his stupor and leaned forward with little aggression; more annoyed than mad.

"Y/N are you okay?" Kokomi, the sweetest as always, was concerned. You chose to ignore Itto and settled on answering Kokomi.

"Yeah, just left my depressed arc." You opened your mouth so Yoimiya could pop a fry in it. "Hey," your voice was muffled due to chewing. "Did Kuni look sad when I wasn't here?"

"Why don't you ask him if he was?" Heizou had the stupidest ideas.

"Nah, never mind." That's embarrassing.

   "He looked like a kicked puppy." Itto had no idea how much your pride had raised after hearing that.

   "Doesn't he always look like that," dammit Yoimiya."or maybe he looked more like one."

  "Let's be real for a moment, guys. Does he look like his love of his life ghosted him or that he just made a new opp." Your question was stupid but your friends know what you mean anyways.

  "He looked like he needed toilet paper," Heizou's comment caught you off guard but then you remember telling him about everything.

"Eww stinky," Itto knew how to make appropriate comments... sometimes.

"Are you talking about yourself or Scaramouche?" Gorou's tone was sarcastic but his face had seemed genuinely confused. You looked back at Itto to see if he caught it but he raised an arm up to smell his armpits.

"Oh, oops guys!" Maybe Gorou wasn't being sarcastic. One look at Gorou—who happens to be standing right next to Itto—and you could tell he was joking at first.

"Y/N! Your burger is on the way, they are making it right now." Your mother's voice sounded from a short distance away and you looked over to see her coming up.

"The babe is coming!" Itto's hands flew to his mouth and he exaggeratedly looked over to everyone in the group, obnoxiously looking side to side.

Kokomi's hand flew to land a light smack on Itto's shoulder while Yoimiya clicked her tongue and shook her head in disapproval.

"And are these your friends Y/N?" Your mother's gentle voice sounded humored and a small smile stretched across her lips.

"No, I actually have no clue who these people are!" You raised your eyebrows and glanced over to your friends—Sorry. Strangers.

"Alright dude, if you hate us just say so," Yoimiya commented.

"Not that one actually," directing your gaze to Yoimiya. "That's my wife."

"Wait what about me?" Heizou wanted a part obviously, though you weren't into polyamory, sadly.

Just as you were going to comment, a number sounded out.

"63?" A suspiciously familiar employee from behind the counter held out a bag and looked around for the owner.

"Oh, I'll get it." Eyeing the employee, you walk over to claim the bag.

As you grab the bag, you ask, "Kazuha?"

The pretty boy smiled at you, "Why, yes it is." He put his hand down and crossed his arms, suddenly assuming a serious expression. "I'm on my break in two minutes, meet me outside by the bike parking."

Feeling pinned down, you nod. "Is this about..."

He gives you a look and turns around to the kitchen, presumably to get ready for his break.

You walk back to the group who happen to have already taken a seat and in deep conversation with your mother.

"I seriously thought she was still in photography, why didn't she tell me?" A minute and they've already told her your whole life story.

"Wait she didn't tell you?" Itto seemed seriously shocked and Heizou has his head buried in his arms disappointedly as if an operation he was involved in had failed. Not far off to be completely honest.

"I'll give her a pass, she's too sad today." Your mom's response has you sighing in relief. You finally decided to move from behind the booth and pop into their view.

"I got my burger." You stand there awkwardly for a moment. "I gotta use the restroom, give me a moment." You run off to the exit and and out the door to see Kazuha waiting there for you.

He looks up and starts without waiting for you to be right in front of him.

  "You and him were making such good progress, what happened?"

Hmm? Such good progress?

  "Me and him what?"

Did this dude not hear about what happened two days ago? I was outed and he wants to say... good progress?

  "He talked about you all the time... positively... Wait did you really not know?"

  "Wait, excuse me?" This man has to be crazy. Didn't his sister tell him everything?

  "Well, now he's just cussing you out. But I can tell you there was something." He emphasizes the last word then continues. "He waited at your table during lunch. He ended up leaving when he saw..." he looked at the windows that lead inside the restaurant.

  You look over, confused, and pause. Everyone was staring out the window and started waving upon eye contact. You swear you heard pounding but didn't know it was coming from... there.

  Do these people know the meaning of privacy?

  You dash to the door to meet them inside and sigh.

  "Is that your new crush?"

  "Congrats Y/N!"

  "We're you guys pooping... together?"

  At least one of those statements were clear on who the person speaking was.

  "Guys, this is important-" You looks over and see your mom looking guilty. You stare at her hands and... "are you serious?" The burger you wanted had been absolutely fucked up. You should have known your mom was hungry when she said she wasn't.

  "Sorry honey, it was going to get cold!" She gestured to the burger, "Weren't you running on a fever? Cold food isn't good for that..." Both of you know that you weren't actually sick and realized that a while ago. But who really cares.

  As you were about to announce what you had wanted to before stopping, the bell of the door had rang. Looking over, you see a certain, frustrated and tiny man.

  —

I had logged off of wattpad for a hot moment and then switched to ao3. I had the sudden urge to check my wattpad so I logged in then read this. I was wondering why I kind of ate with this so I wanted to finish it. Sorry for discontinuing it before🔥🔥🔥