Chapter Eight

Wrapping my hair into my towel I sat down at my vanity, looking at myself I let out a deep sigh. Eddie told me small details about tonight.
"Dress how ever you want"
"Be ready by eight"

Considering this was our first official date I wanted to impress him. When I came to the realization that I'm spending so much time on my looks, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I sat up quickly, grabbing the remote off my bed I played music and sat back down.

"What's happening tonight?" Sara some how crept into my room, sitting on the edge of my bed she grabbed ahold of a pillow, holding it to her stomach she smiled back at me.

"Our first date." I mumbled smiling at her through the mirror.

"Shut up!" She shouted out in excitement. Latching on to the pillow she shook it in the air slightly.

"Why am I nervous?" I asked, trying to contain my laugh my hands spread across my face.
"Because he's totally hot, and you two are gonna fall in love, and have babies and get married and-" she began her rant, naming off every possibility.

"No babies for me!" I shouted back.
"Oh so that's the only thing that's not true?" She laughed.

"Shut up." I muttered, opening my drawer I pulled out some makeup.

I tried to calm my nerves, applying my primer I closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath in, and breathing it out through my mouth. Why was I so nervous?
-
"Okay, red lip or something more natural?" I asked looking over at Sarah.

"I don't know, do you want red stains all over Eddie's face when you guys make out." She teased like a child.

"I'm being serious." I laughed.
"What are you wearing?" She asked.

"I don't know, would you be able to help me?" I asked in defeat.

"Yeah, I mean you just gotta find something that's easy to take off." She joked.
"I don't think we're having sex any time soon." I sighed applying my lashes.

"Seriously, what makes you think that." She grunted stepping off my bed, raiding my closet I watched as she shifted through all my clothes.

"I don't know he's being serious about waiting." I managed to say applying the other lash.
"But why does he want to wait?" She asked.

"I don't know Sarah, he just doesn't seem like the type of guy for quick hook ups." I explained.

"Not into quick hook ups, no social media, just goes to work. What if he's some kind of time traveler from the nineties eighties"

"Maybe." I laughed.

"You should wear this!" Sarah said pulling a dress out from my closet.

"It's gonna be cold!" I laughed.
"Nothing Eddie's jacket couldn't fix.

"Just pick out something nice please." I commented pulling my curling iron out from my drawer.

Sectioning my hair off I started curling my hair, looking at myself in the mirror I felt good about myself. I just hope I wasn't putting in too much effort.

Eddie has seen me at the bars, I guess more times than I realized, so I can only assume he knows what I could look like if I was put together. I was excited for the date tonight. Sometimes it would hit me that essentially I am jumping into another relationship.
"So then, we just don't jump."

His calm words replayed in my head. I couldn't get the idea of him out of my mind. The way he spoke, the way he carried himself. Eddie seemed to be the perfect guy, unlike anyone I have yet to meet.

"Okay what do you think of this?" Sarah asked standing next to me.

I looked over, she held up my short black dress, then piled on top a long black crop top. Explaining the outfit she told me to wear the shirt under the thin strapped dress, to layer on top I would wear my army green cropped jacket.