8 | HUMAN AGAIN

MAX RAN INTO the living room, Dani and Allison behind him. It had sounded like a car had driven into the side of the house. But when they looked, they saw Sage hugging a boy tightly. He was hugging her back and was...well naked.

Allison quickly covered Dani's eyes as Sage and Thackery pulled away. The boy then noticed the others and hid behind Sage to cover himself as his face turned red.

Sage chuckled lightly, her face also slightly red. "It worked."

Max smiled and quickly ran back into his room to grab Thackery some clothes. He handed them to Sage who then gave them to the boy.

Once Thackery was dressed, he and Sage left the living room, holding hands and standing really close to each other.

Allison smiled at the couple. "The lovers are back together."

Sage blushed and hid her neck in Thackery's neck. "I was worried the spell wouldn't work."

Thackery turned to her. "I'm glad it worked. I'm finally taller again."

Sage lightly smacked his arm. "At least you don't have mouse breath anymore."

The boy gasped playfully and placed a hand on his heart. For a guy who was a cat for three hundred years, he acted like he was born in this century.

The group went up to Max's room, all deciding to stay together after the events they had just faced. Dani crawled into Max's bed, hugging his pillow for comfort. Max and Allison had cuddled up together on his stairway that led to a small area. Sage was basically curled up on Thackerys lap, he had his arms wrapped around her. The two were on the floor but up against Max's bed.

Thackery and Sage were still awake, basking in the fact that they were both together again. As humans.

"Where is thou taking me?" Sage giggled lightly as Thackery led her around with his hands over her eyes.

"Thou has to trust me." He smiled.

The two walked a short ways more and Thackery took his hands off of Sage's eyes. The witch gasped softly when she looked at the view. He had taken her to the nearby lake where a willow tree stood. Sage turned back to the boy.

"You remembered."

"That willow is your favourite tree?" He smiled. "Of course I remembered. Look."

He pointed over to under the willow tree, there was a small picnic set up.

"Oh Thackery. It is wonderful." She grabbed the boys hand and they sat down at the picnic site.

For a few hours the two spoke, ate and watched the world. Sage laid her head on Thackery's lap. It was one of the few times that the pair forgot who they were and where they stood.

A witch that was outcasted by not only Salem village but also by her own sisters.

A farmers boy who would be called a witch himself if he was ever found consorting with any type of witch.

They found love when they weren't supposed to.