6 | I OUT A SPELL ON YOU

"THANK YOU, MAX, for that marvellous introduction." Winnie spoke as the spotlight landed on her, Mary and Sarah who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. "I put a spell on you and now you're mine."

"Oh god." Sage muttered, turning to Allison. "We have to leave."

Sage pulled Allison and Dani over to Max, who ran from the stage as soon as the sisters made their way up there. Then she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She turned to see Billy, of course the others, who were scared of him, screamed and ran out of the building. Sage ran after them, at this point she was like their guardian, making sure they were safe from her own sisters.

The five ran from the building and behind a nearby building so they were out of sight. Max started kicking the trash cans in anger.

"This is really bad!"

"Max, come on. Calm down." Allison spoke.

He turned to her. "Look, I want you to take Dani back to your house and don't let her out of your sight!"

"Max, I'm not leaving you."

The back door to the building bust open and so the five quickly hid. They watched as a man dressed as a pirate picked a lobster out of a tank and took it back inside to be cooked. 

Sage turned to Thackery. "You could have stolen a lobster out of that tank to eat instead of catching mice."

"They're nearly half the size of me, Sage."

They had to quickly hide again when they noticed the three witches appear around the corner. 

"I smell..." Mary spoke.

"Yes?"

"Winnie, I smell..."

"Yes, yes?"

"I smell...scrod. Scrod. It's a bottom dweller. You cook it sometimes with lovely breadcrumbs, a little bit of margarine or olive oil is good."

Winnie grabbed Mary by the face and began to walk away, Sarah stood for a moment, looking around before Winnie called for her. She quickly followed her sisters away from the area. After a moment, the five began to move but Allison accidently pulled down the door to an old oven, making a loud crash.

Allison looked at the item. "I have an idea."

The girl led the small group to the high school and explained her plan. To trap the Sanderson sisters in the oven in the art room. It would be brutal.

Sage did wonder if it would really work, magic had brought them back. Would fire take them from the world again? She sat with Thackery in a classroom window, they would be the ones to warn the others if the sisters arrived.

"What is on your mind?" Thackery asked softly.

Sage sighed, resting her chin on her hand. "I'm not sure if this plan is going to work."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it Thackey. Magic brought them back after three hundred years, will burning them alive be the way to kill them again?"

Thackery listened and could tell there was something else. "Continue, Sage. I know there is more on your mind."

She looked over at the black cat. "I've been thinking...Once my sisters are gone. I could try and turn you back...human."

The cats eyes seemed to light up. "You found a spell?"

"I think." She replied. "I dont want to get your hope up incase it doesn't work."

"You are powerful." The cat crawled into her lap. "I am sure it'll work."

Sage smiled, petting Thackery softly as she looked back out the window. She gasped and stood, scooping up the black cat and running to the office to tell Max that her sisters were about to enter the school.