11 | THE COTTAGE

"BILLY! I KILLED you once! I shall kill you again, you maggoty malfeasance! Hang onto your heads!"

Billy lead Max towards the group as Winnie flew away. Sage smiled, seeing her old friend. She went to give him a hug, which he seemed to want to return, but she gagged.

"Its fine." He shrugged. "Thank you for the flowers."

"You were my friend Billy, I had to leave something for you."

Thackery also waved at the zombiefied friend. "We'll have to hold them out until dawn."

The group went over to Billy's open grave, deciding to place salt around it and put Dani in to keep her safe. Sage also placed magic around it, just in case the salt line was broken.

Max pulled out a bat from a bag that Allison and Thackery brought with them. He pulled out another bat and handed it to the other boy.

Sage looked up. "Here they come!"

"Billy, guard Dani." Max ordered. "Spread out!"

Sage ran in opposite directions to Max and Thackery but she and Allison stayed together. Sage and Allison found themselves facing off against Sarah.

Allison poured salt into her hand and then threw it towards the witch. Sarah let out a scream and almost fell off her broom-mop.

Sage looked over to see Thackery fending off Mary and Winniefred try to use her magic to get Dani, but it simply bounced off and almost hit her. Winnie then flew down and kicked Billy's head off in frustration.

Sarah came flying back and this time Allison was out of salt. Sage spun around in time to shot a bolt of magic at her sister and cause her to fly backwards and almost straight out of the cemetery.

When Sage turned back around, she saw that Dani was out of the protective circle. Winnie had also spotted this and quickly swept the girl up.

Winnie pulled out a vial that contained a small bit of the potion.

"No!" Sage used her magic and knocked the potion out of her hand.

Max leapt forward and caught the potion, deciding to use it at leverage to get his sister back.

Winnie shot Sage with magic, throwing her back into a crypt and knocking her out. Thackery ran after her, calling her name.

When Sage opened her eyes, she expected to be in the cemetery yet she wasnt. She looked around, it was the woods where her cottage was.