7 | THEY'RE GONE

MAX LET OUT a howl into the microphone. "Welcome to High School Hell. I'm your host Boris Karloff, Junior. Its time to meet our three contestants, Sarah, Mary and Winifred Sanderson. Read any good spell books lately?"

Sage let Thackery run out in order to lead the three sisters to the oven. Of course she was worried that her sisters would try to kill Thackery, but at the end of the day, her sisters were not the smartest and would probably forget to use their magic.

A few moments later, Sage heard the loud thud of the oven door closing. She assumed her sisters were now trapped and burning. She and Max ran to see, Thackery jumping onto Max's back to also get a look. The three witches were screaming.

The small group ran out of the school, Sage looked back to see green smoke leaving the school chimney. Perhaps Allison's plan did work and her sisters were gone once more. She heard Max, Allison and Dani cheering in joy that they had now escaped the witches.

"We did it Binx." Max spoke with a smile. "We stopped them."

"I've wanted to do that for three hundred years, since they took Emily." The cat replied.

"You really miss her, don't you? Man, you can't keep blaming yourself for that. That happened so long ago."

Thackery looked over at Dani. "Take good care of Dani, Max. You'll never know how precious she is until you lose her."

"Come on, Thackery." Sage said softly, holding her arms out for the cat to jump into. "Its time to see if my magic will turn you back into the man I fell in love with."

Max watched as Sage began to walk away with the black cat in her arms.

"Wait." He called out. "You'll need somewhere safe to practice your magic, right? And-and clothes for when he turns back human. Plus it's late, you can do it at my house and stay the night."

Sage smiled and looked at Thackery. "Thank you, Max."

The group walked back to the Dennison House and found it empty. Max and Dani's parents were still not home.

"Well, I guess they're still partying." Max shrugged. "Sage, you and Binx- I mean Thackery, can go into there yo do your spell. We're gonna clean up."

Sage nodded in thanks and walked into the living room. She placed Thackery down and clapped her hands together.