Chapter 3

I leave the class with Alexa immediately and head straight to the canteen.

"Hey so how was it with Rick?" Alexa asks annoyingly while poking my arm.

"Erm it was okay" i say pretentiously.

"Don't be so coy Rebecca now spill how was it" she turns my head making me face her and my eyes widen at her weird behaviour.

"I'm serious it was okay anyways how was it with Parker" she scoffs and rolls her eyes

"He's okay he's gonna do all the work for me that way i don't need to work with him" she smirks

"That's kinda sad but if he's okay with it then alright"

We sit at a table with Alison and Penelope.

"Hey Alexa i see your finally in school" Alison says sarcastically and Alexa shrugs her shoulders.

"Oh yeah Rebecca likes Rick Connor" Penelope makes fun of me alongside Alison.

"Yeah i already know that" she says while chewing on a piece of gum.

"What how could you tell her but not us Rebecca" Alison says as she was offended

"Because i can trust Alexa, she knew for about two months now and she never told anyone whereas you both said it today" i cross my arms and smile at them both as they both hide their face in embarrassment

"But seriously when are you gonna ask him out" Alexa asks sounding serious

"I don't wanna ask him out i want him to ask me out but that's if he truly likes me"

"He'd be an idiot if he didn't" Alison says sweetly

Soon after break was over we head straight to our next lesson which was theatre. My second favourite subject.

We take our seat at the audiences seat and wait for everyone else to arrive. After a few minutes they all arrive and the lesson begins.

"Good morning class we will be going over the play Romeo and Juliet" the teacher says and everyone moans as per usual except for me.

The teacher passes everyone a copy of the script and we all flick through a few pages and stop at the part where Romeo meets Juliet at the capulets orchard

"Okay class who wants to be Romeo and Juliet" the teacher asks and everyones quiet so i decide to volunteer

"I'll do it" i raise my hand up high and the whole class stares at me.

"Excellent come on the stage" the teacher motions me to come on stage so i go up with my script.

"Okay now who wants to be Romeo" the teacher asks and all the boys are mute.

"I'll do it" a deep voice says and everyone turns around from their seat to see who said it.

I look towards the door and i see it was Rick who said it. He stands like a hero in front of the door and he slowly walks to the stage while dropping his bag onto a chair and snatching a script from his friend.

He stands close to me on the stage and everyone watches us both quietly.

"Ok then even though you are very late Mr Conner i will let it off this one time since you were the only one willing to do this" the teacher says to Rick as he rolls his eyes.

"Now who wants to be the nurse" he asks and no one speaks again

"Come on its only a few lines ah Alexandra why don't you be the nurse since you find this so funny" the teacher points at Alexa as she's laughing behind her script