3 - dragon eggs and princes

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧
𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴 - 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴
✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴 - 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

It was still very early in the morning and the sun had not even risen when Edith was woken up by her father. She was immediately wide awake and had feared the worst. Her father had only put a finger to his lips and indicated that she should be quiet, then he handed her her coat. As she pulled it over her nightgown she could also see her two younger sisters at the door. Rhaena and Baela also seemed to have been woken by Daemon.

The girls exchanged a glance among themselves, but neither seemed to know what their father was up to. Not even when they arrived at the dragon pit did Daemon say anything. "Where's mother?" wanted Edith to know and although the four of them were alone she whispered. "She's still asleep." Daemon answered his eldest daughter, as if it was a matter of course.

She looked at her father without understanding and shook her head slightly. "And why aren't we allowed to sleep anymore?" now Baela asked in a sleepy voice. Rhaena, on the other hand, had to fight not to yawn. Daemon eyed his daughters as they stood in front of the pit. "Wait here." Daemon said before going down into the pit to the dragons. The three girls were left confused.

The dragon pit was an old vault-like building in King's Landing. There used to be a memorial temple here, built during the reign of Aegon the Conqueror. But it was destroyed by King Maegor I Targaryen, who burned it down on the back of the dragon Balerion, while hundreds of members of a religious order prayed inside. Now the dragons of the family lived under the pit, guarded by dragon keepers. But right now there was no one to be seen.

Edith looked around the dark vault while the three waited for their father. It was dark, only the flaming torch in Baela's hand gave some light to look around. None of them could imagine what had happened here. Edith remembered reading that the famous Golden Wedding of Queen Regent Alyssa Velaryon and her second husband Lord Rogar Baratheon took place here around 49 AC, before the building was completed, with an audience of supposedly forty thousand. It must have been a magnificent celebration.

Each of the girls was lost in her own thoughts when a loud roar was heard from the pit, shortly followed by a beautiful green dragon flying out closely followed by a much larger red dragon. Startled, Edith looked down, but immediately calmed down when she saw her father and no other dragon come out. In his arms he held an oblong trunk.

Moondancer and Caraxes circled around and then settled down beside the Targaryens. "What are you up to?" asked Rhaena, walking towards her father after taking the torch from her sister Baela. Edith also walked closer to Daemon while Baela stood by her dragon, watching the scene curiously.

Daemon placed the box on the floor and then looked at his daughters with a slight grin, then he knelt down and opened the trunk in which there were three boxes. "As you know, Syrax has given us three eggs, which are in my care." Explained the man with silver hair, but didn't answer on of his daughters' many questions, so he continued. "Soon I will have four children and only one has a dragon. I want to change that."