Sentiment

Lucas's sudden moves make you wonder how long did he hold up, his feelings are strong and pretty noticeable. Even at college, jokes and sweet nothings are almost everything he says. That isn't a problem with you, though, as you love that soft part of him. Hours of chatting, calls, even video calls, just like a couple, him being beyond ecstatic.

Some days later that night, Lucas invited you again, but this time as a sleepover. His voice almost cracked as you agreed to it, surprised, Zoe laughing in the background was hilarious. You couldn't wait to see the siblings again, the entire family, lovely as always!

_

Unlike the first time, you decide to drive to the house this time. Of course, you previously notified them, though they were pretty adamant, you had to fight for it almost. So, after a long argument, not serious, you finally, were able to drive there.

On your way, you can put on the shoes of Jack, having to drive that dark, solitary road. The bushes rustling, plenty dense. Swampy terrain is your worst enemy in that bleak zone, the sole fear of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere lurks, but you keep on going, at a steady pace.

It takes you only half an hour to be able to see even the facade of the house, that great outline. You spot a space, next to the caravan, so you park there, parallel. You take your things, shut down the engine, and head to the Baker's property. You bring some wine, as a gift for their generosity.
The door, splendid with that Cerberus relief, is knocked by you. The particular footsteps of one of the family members, Zoe, approach, opening the door and greeting you with a warm hug.

"Been a while. How've you been?" she asks as she shuts the door behind you. You take the coat off, clinging on the wine, covering it so they don't see the surprise.

"I'm fine, glad to come by again! By the way, I want to give your parents something, mind if I place it on the dining table?" you ask her as you show her the side of the bottle, to which Zoe smiles and guides you there kindly.

"You didn't have to worry about bringing something, you are most welcome here, " Zoe says as you place your coat on one of the chairs.

"It isn't much though, I just wanted to thank you all, but I wasn't sure what to bring, so wine seemed a good option. Also, asking Lucas was out of the question... " as you chuckle, making Zoe giggle too. Lucas likes to tease their family, so he would do some subtle jokes about wine, totally destroying your treat for good.

"Yeah, he never was the silent type. ONLY when he is doin' his mad scientist things is when he shuts up." Zoe says, laughing hard, you too. It is so like him to be super focused on that.

"There's something he sure didn't tell you, but when he was little and took part in contests, he would skip his meals when his inventions didn't work," Zoe tells you, mumbling, as the footsteps of the one you are talking about become louder.

"No way... " you exclaim silently. The girl signals you to be quiet as the noise comes near.

At that moment, the scrawny figure appears from the corner of the corridor, opening wide the kitchen door, and dives into the fridge. Zoe, planning impish, signals you to hide behind the kitchen counter, with her. You nod and do as you're told, stealthily keeping yourself from Lucas's view. The young adult keeps on doing whatever he was doing, mumbling with his eyes fixed on his phone screen. He grabs a bottle of something, closes the fridge, and turns around, ready to head back to where he was. Zoe sees like that's the perfect moment to jump on him, and so she does, not holding up one bit.

"SURPRISE!!" Zoe shouts her lungs out. Lucas's ears meet their
death along with the bottle of soda he just grabbed, crashing on the floor, and breaking into pieces.