Splitting The Sane (+ Lucas's POV)

Soon after that night, students began preparing for the prom. Most of them are excited, while others aren't that fond of the idea due to their poor dance skills. One of the demotivated people is you, though Lucas, on the other hand, seems quite eager to participate, that being rather odd knowing his nature. 

__

(Lucas POV)

Damn right today is gonna be a blast. It took a few weeks to prepare the room, lucky I, Zoe didn't even realize. Oliver is on the spot and will come, no matter what, after that letter. Son of a bitch really can't stop fawning over her. Anyways, he won't have much time to do so. I bet Zoe ain't gonna let him do that either, I can see him getting slapped pretty hard, sheeesh, I'd pay to watch that!

I just sent him an invitation in the name of Zoe, with some luck, the piece of shit will fall for it. The letter really was cheesy, but if it works, it works, and I get to have good experiment material.

*A few days later*

After a few days, Oliver stopped by the salt mine near the bayou, thinking a party was being held. I caught him with a drug, dude fell on the floor in an instant. I dragged him to the room, and then the next step to the plan is about to begin. I called Y/N to come over "as friends", with the pretext of buying new tech gear. Ain't gonna lie, having public is always exciting, and this masterpiece I created isn't meant to be seen only by me, more people need to watch it!

__

(Your POV)

Before the prom started, a message from Lucas came in. It mentioned a party at the bayou, near the old salt mine that was abandoned. Again, another odd, suspicious action from Lucas, meant bad news. As soon as you finish reading the invitation, you look around, only to find out that no one else is commenting on this. So you only received that message... or that's what you think. 

*click*

Suddenly the lights go out, and everyone screaming, especially those with high-pitched tones can be heard. Then four beams of lights come out of the floor, illuminating the stage with some punk band. Hitting the drum set, the vocalist welcomed the surprised guests with a potent voice.

"Prepared for some... FUN?! Let's go!!!!" he screams as people jump like crazy groupies. The gymnasium, flooded with crazy teenagers, rocks their heads at the beat. 

"Yo, watch doin' here?" a sweet voice emerges from behind. You turn around, finding Zoe there with a couple of nog glasses in her hands. "Here, have some. We gotta take advantage of these hell spawns being hypnotized.".

"Thanks!" you took one, taking a sip of the refreshing drink. "By the way, do you know where your brother is? I haven't seen him since it started." Zoe then looks at you confused, frowning. "He told me he was going to meet up with you and so?".

"Oh... Maybe I didn't see the message... Well, thanks anyways. But... uh... I gotta go. I think I know where he is." Zoe nods with a soft smile, then with a smug smirk she tells you, "Be careful not to get caught~". Your face turns bright red, trying to deny that happening. However, she keeps joking about keeping your voice down because teachers are roaming around like zombies. "C-Come on... We won't be doing that... Sheesh!".

Later, after chit-chatting with her and plenty of dirty jokes later, you finally sneak out of that weird prom, as if a satanic ritual was taking place there. 

*tap tap tap*

...

"Lucas? Where are you?! What the hell do you want now?", you asked impatiently, knowing something boiling at the mine. The place looked... grim. There were no lights at the house. Most likely, the Bakers went out to have a romantic dinner while Lucas and Zoe are at the prom.