03

new friend ? ___________________________

new friend ?
___________________________

Meredith was on her own this morning, Wednesday had left earlier for her mandated therapy session with Ms. Weem. It was a breezy and bright mourning at Nevermore leading Meredith to explore the large school more without the whisperings and 'discreet' pointing towards her. The school hadn't had a witch in decades so the arrival of not only a witch, but the Carter's heir caused quite a ruckus. A gentle hum filled the silence around Meredith as she explored the castle-like school further, finding a comfortable spot far away from the quad and other students. It was located near a small pound and had a large oak tree to the left of it with a wooden bench underneath it. Meredith smiled at the sight, breathing in the fresh air and setting her things down to get comfortable. She pulled out a book and began to read, basking in the shade that the large tree provided.

Suddenly Meredith tensed up, her heightened hearing and natural power to sense others kicked in. She could feel somebodies' presence nearing the spot she was sitting at. Her hands clenched as she looked up from her book, her head snapping towards the person who was inching closer and closer. Her eyes narrowed before she sighed in relief at the sight of a Nevermore student, dressed in the purple uniform as the others. The boy tenses up at the sight of her before a weary smile spread across his face, his eyes glancing down at her uniform that held the same crest as his.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you or anything. It's just I usually come here to get away from the others to take a break, ya know? I'm not used to others being here .." he explained nervously

Meredith hummed examining the boy, he had curly brown hair that he nervously twisted in his fingers, a chiseled face with piercing blue eyes, and he was extremely tall and lean. She could sense that he was a werewolf, and she vaguely remembers Enid explaining that he was the star player for their lacrosse team, but she could not recall his name.

"There's no need to apologize, it's my fault for intruding on your personal space, I'll take my leave" Meredith says, gathering her things to leave the peaceful spot, a tad disappointed

"No, no, no, it's okay ! You can stay, I'm all for sharing this spot if it's you! I-I mean not that I'm forcing you to stay or anything, it's just that-" He nervously rambles, lifting his hands to motion for her to stay before Meredith cuts him off with a small smile on her face

"If it's alright with you than I'm glad to stay" Meredith cuts him off from his nervous rambling, sitting back down on the wooden bench.

The boy smiles and sits down beside Meredith, putting his hand out.

"I'm Noah, Noah Harte" He introduces himself as Meredith shakes his hand