09

Scared

Scared.
__________________

Run. Somethings coming. Run. Someone's here. Danger. Danger. RUN.

Voices screaming in her head, a painful migraine already forming. Sharp pains pulsing at the back of her skull. Meredith groans in pain, hands grasping at her head, doubling over in pain. She could feel familiar cold hands on her shoulder, but she was in too much agony to process what was quite happening at the moment. It felt as if her skull was slowly being torn into two pieces, the pain not enjoyable at all.

The voices kept repeating like a broken record and it was as if her body had a mind of its own as she took off running, the opposite way of where she felt that eerie presence. Her body took her deeper into the forest, her chest heaving as her legs burn from running so far and fast, she was sure she heard Wednesday following her but the deeper she delves into the forest, the quieter her surroundings became. Instantly, the pain in her head stopped and the voices halted, surrounding her with absolute silence. No birds, no wind, no bugs, and no voices, Meredith could feel her heartbeat faster than it normally would, her pulse spiking, and her hands became clammy at the familiar eerie presence she felt before.

Meredith turns sharply to the left at the sound of twigs snapping under someone's boot, black fog beginning to surround her. Her chest heaves, as she clenches her fist, glaring into the darkness, "Whoever you are, stop being a weenie and show yourself!" She shouts angrily, turning to the other side, becoming overwhelmed with the left and right, "And stop going left to right, it makes me dizzy" She spitefully mutters, rubbing her head.

A dark laugh echos through the forest, "My, oh my, how much you've grown and how funny you are" A rough voice fills the forest, echoing from different locations to steer Meredith from pinpoint the actual location.

Meredith frown at the sound of a male's voice, the raspiness and depth, sending goosebumps across her entire body. A feeling of absolute unease filling her, making her uncomfortable with the foreign feeling. She didn't like the way this situation was making her feel, her powers in such with her emotions, begin to vibrate around her.

"Aw, scared little doe? You're shaking like one" He cackles, black fog becoming so heavy, Meredith was sure that no one would be able to see.

Her eyebrows furrow as she tenses, "Me? scared, no, you seem like the scared one to me. You're the one hiding behind all of the fog. I mean c'mon, man, this stuff better not be toxic because I'm breathing it in, and I would love to avoid lung poisoning at all costs" Meredith grumbles, trying to blow the black fog away from her but suddenly, something wraps around her leg. She lets out a surprised yelp at the stinging sensation, pain pulsing around her ankle.