𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐗𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐑

THERE sat two young girls, around the age of 10 years old, dressed in all black

THERE sat two young girls, around the age of 10 years old, dressed in all black. They had just attended their grandmother's best friend's funeral and now sat outside away from the chattering adults. A younger Meredith was following behind Wednesday who had grown bored and was looking for some form of entertainment, which she quickly got when she came in contact with an open casket, revealing a dead body. Meredith grimaced at the sight and smell of the body, deciding to walk away from the scene and instead take a nice walk along the forest. She glances away from Wednesday who was ogling at the sight of the body, catching a glimpse of her parents. They stood beside Morticia and Gomez, chatting and shaking their heads in agreement, her older brother, Max, standing to the side. Meredith purses her lips and starts walking towards the forest, her tiny arms crossing over her chest to try to cover her from the cold wind.

Her parents had begun to fight more, the shouting increasing and the tension growing thicker as the days passed. The problem was her father, he refused treatment for the 'curse' that was overtaking his body and mind. Her mother refused to leave her father and instead endure the pain he inflicted on all of them, pushing herself harder and harder in hopes that she'll come across an antidote or cure for her father.  Though Meredith was young, she was beginning to understand what was happening to her family.  The perfect facade that her parents worked so hard to build was beginning to crack, the 'Golden' family was quickly falling the more her father's condition continued to deteriorate.

Young Meredith tenses up when she suddenly hears the sound of leaves crunching, the sound of sniffles and small sobs feeling the sudden quiet space. Her eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, warily looking around before her eyes spot a small chunky boy, trying to wipe the tears away. Her body relaxes when she realizes that she isn't in danger and slowly walks towards the boy, her mind registering that the boy was the godson of the woman who passed.

"Are you alright?" She asks, standing in front of the boy who quickly looks up, his face reddening at the sight of her. He quickly wipes his face, breathing deeply and shaking his head.

"Of course I am!" He exclaims, puffing out his chest to appear strong and manly causing Meredith to break out into small giggles causing his chest to fall, his face brighter than it was before. She takes a seat next to the boy, recalling his name as Xavier Thorpe, his father was a famous psychic. 

"My big brother says It's okay to cry, it always makes you feel better after" She states, staring at the tree in front of them, her voice calm and steady for a small girl.

Xavier frowns looking towards Meredith, fidgeting with his chunky fingers. "I just miss my godmother; she was my only friend and the only person who would play with me..." He sniffles, new tears beginning to fall down his chunky cheeks.

"It's okay. You can play with me from now on!" Meredith exclaims, a small smile on her face as she looks towards Xavier who sniffles.

"You want to play with me?" He scrunches his red nose, from all of the crying, watery eyes staring down at Meredith who nods her head. "Of course, that's what friends do; they play with each other" She smiles.

It was like fireworks erupted behind Xavier's eyes as they brightened up, a wide childish grin spreading across his face. "You mean it ?" He smiles widely, looking at Meredith with wide hopeful eyes. "Of course, I don't have many friends either .." Meredith grins patting Xavier's back

"Wow" he whispers " I promise I'll always be your friend, a good one too!" He exclaims, his cheeks dusted with pink as he stared down at Meredith who was smiling.

"I don't doubt it" Meredith nods, resting her chin on her hands as she stared out at the trees listening to Xavier talk about the struggles of being a Thorpe and where his father plans to send him when he gets older. If she wasn't so zoned out she would have heard that the boy was being sent to 'Nevermore' .

It's too bad that Meredith had only seen him a handful times before she left her family, cutting ties with everybody for the safety of those around her. Oh, did she not know the pain poor Xavier felt after his only friend left without a goodbye....

________________________

UNEDITED

- this a filler chapter but it slowly starts to tell the background of each character :)