04

friend or foe ?______________________________

friend or foe ?
______________________________

Now here they were watching a murder happen right before their eyes but not just any murder, Rowans murder. Now you're probably wondering how they got there so let's rewind it back.

A few hours before...

"So, what's going on between you and Tyler" Meredith curiously asks, looking at Wednesday for a reaction, Enid tilting her head in interest.

"Yeah, you seem to find him interesting!" Enid exclaims, wiggling her eyebrows at Wednesday

"Absolutely nothing, he's just helping us escape because I fixed his machine" Wednesday spoke leading them through the crowd. Meredith hums, crossing her arms over her chest regretting not bringing a jacket as the weather has grown colder. She was only wearing a black long sleeve shirt and jeans which she deeply regretted not bringing her jacket. Meredith looks around, declaring to herself that it was far too busy for her to use her powers around so many people who already think of Nevermore students as outcast. As they approached the carnival, they could see Tyler arguing with his father, the sheriff.

"Are you guys sure you can trust this normie?" Enid worriedly asks the two girls

"I trust that I can handle him myself " Wednesday speaks in her regular monotone voice

"With the snap of my finger and he'll be gone" Meredith hums watching the sheriff warn Tyler about staying away from Wednesday and his curfew

"Well, good luck and safe travels!" Enid smiles going to hug the two girls but Wednesday quickly dodges, letting Meredith take the hit.

"Goodbye guys!" Enid waves, trotting off to who knows where

Meredith smiles feeling Ms. Weems piercing stare at the back of their heads, trying not to be fazed as she leads Wednesday to a booth. Wednesday picks up the dart, successfully hitting every balloon on the wall earning a large stuffed animal. Meredith begins to shiver from the cold breeze, tempted to leave to a closed space to cast a spell for warmth. Suddenly somebody approaches her side, throwing a coat over her shoulders and surround her in heat.

"Jeez, sooner or later you'll be a statue of ice" Xaviers familiar voice fills the space, staring down at Meredith who looks up at the tall boy, Wednesday slipping away from the two to find Tyler.

"Thank you, I owe you big time" Meredith smiles in appreciation, cuddling further into the large jacket looking Xavier up and down to find him without a coat and just a hoodie. Ophelia frowns and begins to take the sweater off, Xavier stopping her from taking it off by grabbing the sides of the jacket and zipping it close.