08

adventures at pilgrim world_________________

_________________

The bus ride took less than 30 minutes to reach town before it came to a complete stop, Meredith grimacing at the idea of working at pilgrim's world. Her eyes scan the town, immediately spotting a familiar face. A small smile breaks out on Meredith's face as she skips towards Xavier whose arms were crossed as he studied a blank wall. Meredith's eyebrows furrow as she studies the wall beside him, gently grazing his arm to get his attention. "Whatcha lookin at?' She hums towards the tall boy who purses his lips and goes to reply before he was cut off by Wednesday.

"Why are you both staring at a blank wall?" She bluntly asks, analyzing the wall before her cold gaze sets on the two of them. Xavier scoffs, his arms still crossed as he replies, "It wasn't blank last outreach day" He frowns and answers in a monotone voice. Meredith glances towards Wednesday who replies for the both of them, "Are you still angry that we rejected your invitation?" She glares up at the tall boy who shrugs his shoulders, glancing towards Meredith.

"I don't know, I did go out on a limb for the both of you" He shrugs. Meredith rolls her eyes at his attitude, lifting up on her tippy toes to poke the tall boy on his cheek. "Hey!" Xavier exclaims, surprised at the nudge whilst Meredith pouts, "Don't be mad at us pretty boy, clubs just aren't our thing. And, I may have wanted to join but someone already answered for me..." Meredith glares softly at Wednesday who shrugs her shoulders, "Like you said, clubs are not our thing" Wednesday states before turning to Xavier who was lightly blushing at Meridith's nickname for him. Wednesday holds back a reflexive gag at the display, "Besides, we both have pressing issues that we need to deal with, right Meredith?" Wednesday asks, as if to remind the troublemaker of what they were here to deal with. Meredith hums in acknowledgement, shaking her head at Wednesday as she crosses her arms, a determined look on her face as she turns to Xavier. "Right! We have an important mission to accomplish!" Meredith exclaims, lighting nudging Wednesday in encouragement.

"Really? And what is this important mission that you two need to accomplish?" Xavier asks, turning towards the two girls in curiosity but more so, that he could get a better view of Meredith. Wednesday is quick to reply, "Tracking down the monster that killed your roommate", Meredith nodding in agreement and quickly adds with a shake of her head, "Poor Rowan, we must bring justice to his death and find this monster!" She exclaims, shaking Xavier to illiterate how important the problem was. Xavier blinks as he gently loosens himself from Meredith, qucik to scowl at Wednesday, "Oh my god, for the last time, Rowan was expelled" He glares. Meredith shakes her head, becoming serious as she stares up at a frustrated Xavier, "Xavier, that monster killed Rowan back in the woods. I saw it happen with my own two eyes, Rowan is dead and whoever is posing as him, is an imposter" Meredith states, quick to realize how frustrated Xavier was getting with the whole ordeal as he shakes his head at her. "No, no, no, He was expelled and sent back home. Everyone saw him leave" He explains in frustration, wanting the story to be done with. Wednesday frowns, "Have you spoken to him since?' Wednesday asks causing Xavier to look away from Meredith, "I texted him a few times, but I never heard back. Figured, he wanted to put Nevermore behind his back" Xavier states looking between the two.