Reunited

"What are you doing here? I thought you were exiled." Anne looked to George, then to Mary, "And I thought you were living a fine life in the country with that Stafford boy. And... Oh my God. You're with child!"

Mary smiled and replied, "Yes. I conceived about five months ago. I can only hope that I won't be in court when the baby's time comes."

"At least you have a husband who does not care what gender the baby is. And at least you can carry it full term." Anne said, rather bitterly.

"Oh, come now." George said, cheerfully, "Let us not be sad on rainy thoughts. I hear you ran away! My darling Anne, running away. Who knew? And Mary, Mary... You had three men under your arm. Quite impressive."

All of them laughed at that. Indeed, Mary had been the wife and mistress of multiple men. First, she married William Carey. Next, she was off to court serving as the King's mistress for a good while. And at last, she settled into a life with William Stafford.

"Perhaps I might need some advice from you, sister. You seem good at taking and keeping men." Anne joked. She felt her broken soul slowly mending together again at the lighthearted banter of siblings.

"Does the King know that he has put the worst trio together, in the same room?" George asks."Unlikely, for otherwise his Majesty would be here now, frantically separating us!" Mary laughed, Anne echoing her.

After an exchange of heartfelt greetings and tales of their latest adventures, the siblings separated, George went willingly and kindly to sleep in the main chambers while Mary remained with Anne. At last, the Three Boleyns were a family, together again.