Emergency Meeting

"EMERGENCY MEETING EVERYONE!"
Sonic yelled into his watch that Tails had made for everyone in case of an emergency.
Tails made it strictly clear that the watches would be used only for emergencies, and emergencies only, but Sonic used it to call everyone and gather them here at the Mystic Ruins.
Sonic waited, tapping his foot.
Suddenly, Tails flew in, along with Knuckles, Cream, and Amy. They hopped off the plane, Amy first, rushing to Sonic.
"Sonic! What happened, are you alright?" Amy asked, as she ran at him, but she was almost too close that she almost bumped right into him.
Sonic swerved her, and as if she were still a teenage fangirl, pushed her aside, while she had tried giving him a caring hug. She looked up at him with sad puppy eyes.  Sonic turned away, rubbing his neck. "A-Amy I'm fine, just hold on and wait for everyone else to come, okay?"
Amy silently and hurtfully nodded.
Tails patted Amy's shoulder from behind, attenpting to comfort her, then started, "Sonic, what's-"
"Shh," he interrupted Tails, "Just wait until everyone gets here."
Confused, Tails looks back at Amy and shrugs. She shrugs back at him. Suddenly,
Silver teleported, infront of Sonic, holding Blaze's hand.
Vector, Espio, and Charmy suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
They all waited for Sonic to say something.
"I called this emergency meeting because I want to do the Sonic Events!"
"Ughhh," Silver let out a groan.
Suddenly everyone let out a groan after Silver.
"So, you called all of us here to play games?" Vector questioned.
"Yes, as you all know, Sally and I are engaged, and before we are to be married, there is a tradition held in her family that the man marrying into the family must hold a competitive event. Only one of his teams has to win to be able to become accepted into the family!" Sonic stated.
Knuckles had clapped, causing everyone else to clap.
"Thank you, thank you," Sonic said while taking a bow.
"We'll help ya Sonic!" Silver said, while Blaze nodded.
"Yeah, us too!" Vector agreed with the Hedgehog.
Sonic turned back around and looked down at Amy. Over the couple of years, everyone had gotten taller and older, but Amy stayed the same, besides her age. "Well, guys, are you in?"
Tails looked at Amy, so did Knuckles and Cream.
"Yeah, we're in Sonic," Amy said, looking up at Sonic with a fake smile.
"Thank you," Sonic happily replied. He turned back around to announce,
"All right then everyone, the train should be taking us to the Kingdom of Acorn."
Everyone cheered happily, clapping loudly, except for Amy. She gave a few claps, but her sadness stuck to her face.
She had stopped liking Sonic a few years ago, but he didn't know. She wasn't heart broken, just upset that Sonic thinks she's still in love with him.
She viewed him as a friend, and an ally in combat against Eggman.
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
As they were on the train, Amy heard pounding from above. It was late at night, and everyone else was asleep. She decided she would go investigate with Cream, since she didn't feel like bothering Sonic anymore. She looked to her side at Cream, her bunny friend, sitting next to her on the train. Cream slept peacefully holding Cheese, her pet Chao. "Cream! Psst,"
Amy whispered, and Cream woke up. "Did you hear that pounding?" Amy questioned. "Yeah, I did," Cream said, yawning, as she stretched and sat down in her seat.
"Wanna go investigate with me Cream?" Amy asked, as she stood up.
"Oh, I'm sure it's nothing, don't worry about it Amy." Cream said, as she sat down on her seat, petting Cheese.
"I guess I shouldn't, I just have a bad feeling." Amy replied as she looked down at Cream.
"I'll go investigate myself Cream," Amy said as she summoned her Piko-piko hammer.
"Okay," Cream whispered. "Be careful Amy," Cream said, louder this time, holding cheese anxiously as she waited for her friend to return. "I will, Amy replied, smiling at her friend."

(Artwork by NinjaHaku21 on DeviantArt)