Friendzone

I stare deeply into his eyes, and he to mine. Like really deep. They’re so blue... and yellow, and gray. What the hell. What kind of eye color is that? I’m gonna make up a word for it--

All the sudden 2 hands come colliding right in my face and I blink.

“Ha you blinked!”  He says laughing and he almost falls to the floor,

Me and weird eyes were actually having a stare off. Yeah, you thought we were embracing eachother? Ha. I wish, I’m pretty sure he friend-zoned me. Please, someone give me a key and get me out of this evil prison of friendly love. I hate it.

“Maybe because you clapped in my face?” I exclaimed

“Because you kept checking me out, I had to do something about it!”  Derek says smirking,

“You wish, Weird eyes!” I laugh, we start grabbing our stuff when the bell rings. It was lunch and me and Derek always go outside to eat, even though all we ever bring is hot Cheetos and Monster in a cup of Arizona since our school banned it. We go to a private school, sluts still get to wander around freely but for some reason instead of giving us a stricter dress code they ban Monster. So surprising, right?

I honestly believe our school is filled with perverts and pedophiles.

“Going to Social Studies?” Derek asks totally ignoring I’ve insulted his eyes. Well not really. I love his eyes. Oh my god I’m such a creeper.

“Yeah.” I say

“I’ll walk you,” he says and I stop in my tracks, probably left a skid mark of grass on my shoes ( Ok, thats an exaggeration)

“Uh you’re going to Art... that’s like the other side of the school from my class...” I say questioning him, he used to walk me to classes in 8th grade when we had a thing. But I guess he decided we should stay friends because he’s afraid of losing me.

Fucking friend zone.

“That’s ok, I wanna be late,” He says awkwardly and continues,”Look I need to talk to you about-”  And of course his friends tackle him.

“You fucking broke her heart!” The first guy says angrily as he clutches onto Derek’s shirt and his other fist ready to punch him.

Okay

Those aren’t his friends

Derek doesn’t say anything, in frustration the guy lunges his fist at his jaw, over and over.

Oh my god what is happening.

“Derek! Get off of him you fuck!” I say as I pounce at the guy on him and jam my nails into his lower neck and back. He turns his head over, you can see the sweat on his forehead moistening the dark hair that fell on it. Is he new? I’ve never seen him before.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing, bitch!” He spats in my face, on the corner of my eye I see Derek tenses, I feel it.

Before I respond to the mystery guy he falls back and suddenly Dereks ontop of him.

“”Don’t talk to her like that!” He growls before throwing more punches.

Somehow they manage to both get up, as the other guy tries to throw a punch at Derek, but he dodges him and instead the punch lands on me. I go flying, literally I swear my feet flew off the ground.