03;

At first light, all the servants, all the guards and all the maids in the castle did everything as per usual that they did every day

In the wing that Rhaenyra and her family were staying in, the servants had prepared them with a large breakfast feast.

Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffrey were already seated at the table with Rhaenyra and Daemon waiting for Lilith's arrival for breakfast.

She walks into the room, wearing her normal deep red dress, her hair out and simple gold jewellery. "My sweet girl." Rhaenyra looks up from the table to greet her daughter.

"Mother." Lilith walks over to take her seat beside Jacaerys. "Boys." She nods at her brothers.

"You are late to breakfast, Lilith." Jacaerys whispers to his sister. "Better hope it does not happen again."

She rolls her eyes at her brother. "Shut it."

They sat silently at the table, eating their breakfast. No one had made a sound. The only sound made was their cutlery hitting each other. Daemon spoke up, breaking the silence.

"What bullshit are they going to say about Lucerys being the rightful heir to the Driftmark throne?"

Rhaenyra put down her knife and fork, looking across the table at Daemon. "I am sure they will say nothing that would affect it. Luke is the heir to Driftmark, so Lord Corlys has said numerous times."

"The Hightowers would do anything to make sure Luke is not the future lord of Driftmark. Even if that means they get Ser Vaemond to make this an issue." Lilith said, interlacing her fingers together and placing her elbows on the wooden table. "They despise us, mother."

Daemon gives a nod at Lilith's words, indicating to Rhaenyra that their daughter is correct. "Lilith gets it." He stares ahead at Rhaenyra, before speaking again. "The Hightowers think they are above it all. They are a bunch of cunts-"

"Daemon!" Rhaenyra raises her voice. She looks to her left and sees a frightened look on Lucerys' face. "My sweet boy, you will still be the future lord of Driftmark. Do not fret, my son. Nothing will happen."

Lucerys did not want to be lord of Driftmark. Not because he was frightened, but because he did not think he would be good enough to be a lord and control a fleet.

Even with the support of a wife and children in the future, he did not think he would be well suited.

His mother, older brother and sister always told him differently, but he had it in his head he would fail.

"Luke, I am sure whatever will happen, you will be alright." Lilith gave her little brother a warm smile, trying to calm his nerves. Lucerys had started to relax, until a guard had entered into the room and disrupted their breakfast.

"I am sorry to disturb you Princess. They are ready to begin in the Great Hall." Rhaenyra had thanked the guard as she got up from her chair.

She fixes her dress and looks at her family that is still seated at the table. "Whatever happens, do not cause a scene." Somehow Lilith knew that would be an impossible task.