04;

Lilith had waited in her chambers for many hours, waiting for a guard to collect her and escort her to the dinner room

A knock on the door had echoed in Lilith's silent room. She looked up from her book and stared at the guard that stood in the doorway. "Princess," she nodded his head at her in a sign of respect. "I am here to escort you to the dinner hall."

She closed her book and got up from her bed to walk to the door. The guard moved to the side, giving the princess space to move out to the corridor.

Walking closely behind her, the guard, Ser Dren Hayes, did not take his eyes off the princess to ensure her safety as they walked silently to the other end of the castle.

"Ser Dren..why are you escorting me? I am perfectly capable to walk from one side of the castle to the other."

"It was the prince's orders, princess."

Lilith stopped outside the dinner hall. "The 'prince's orders'? As in Aemond?" Ser Dren gave Lilith a small nod. She did not think much of it, but wondered why Aemond would arrange for someone to escort her to the dinner hall.

The dinner hall doors opened and everyone, part from her grandfather, was in the hall waiting.

Lilith over to the long, rectangle table, taking her seat at the near end of the table beside Baela, across from her mother and stepfather.

She watched as Aemond and Aegon stood by their chairs, talking amongst themselves.

Aemond's eyes meet Lilith's mid-sentence, but their eye contact was broken by King Viserys entering the hall.

Everyone stood from their seats, Aemond and Aegon leaving each other to stand by their chairs. Once Viserys had placed in the gap between his daughter and wife, everyone sat down in their chairs.

"How good it is...to see you all tonight...together." He looks around at his family around the table, his heavy breathing being heard clearly.

"Prayer before we begin?" The queen asked. Her husband agreed and she began her prayer. "May the mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

Lilith mentally rolled her eyes at the end part of the prayer. She had thought to herself at that moment that Vaemond Velaryon deserved exactly what he got - even if Daemon was the one to give it to him.

After a few moments of silence, Viserys begins again. "This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, as well as my granddaughter Lilith marrying her uncle, my son, Aemond, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes and the Princesses."

A small toast went around the table, glasses clinking, and looks being exchanged between the young betrothed. Aemond's blue eyes locked onto Lilith's brown ones.