Wallflowers

I got dressed in my elegant dress that no doubt my mother ordered the maids to leave out for me and went to go check on my cousin. For we were about to head to the new recruits ceremony. A fantastically fun thing about new recruits is that we have no say in them, none of my family do. The Kingdom of Sol is run by two royal families. Long ago two best friends fought for the throne, but wanting to preserve their friendship they ended up dividing the monarchy. Now the Kingdom of Sol is run by my parents, from the Mendez familia, and by the king and queen of the Fernandez familia. The Fernadez family were generally in charge of defending the kingdom while the Mendez family were generally in charge of the citizens. So me and my cousin were mostly wallflowers.

"Jen! Have you seen my tiara?! Mom's gonna kill me if I don't have it on during the ceremony!!" I quickly ran into my cousin Valentina's room to see her tearing it apart. Our mom's were very strict about our appearances.

"Calm down! It's probably in one of your vanity drawers." I said as I opened up the center drawer of Val's vanity.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!" Val said as she set it down and began to fix her hair.

"Hey, could you help me with mine?"

"Sure" she said as I sat down on her bed and she began to pin it into a half up half down style. Then she put a long golden ribbon in my hair then she did the same to hers.

"Do you think we'd get in trouble if our parents found out about what we did?" i asked Val as she tied her bow

"

"Oh yeah, definitely. We snuck out when we supposed to be getting ready, we put on armor which 'ladies aren't supposed to wear', we used magic without them knowing we could do magic, we fought against the Shadows, and we did it all on a special day. So yeah they would probably lock us in our rooms for 2 months if they found out.

"Great" I said sarcastically. Just then the bells rang. "Time to go be wallflowers...."

"Yippee" Val said in the same sarcastic tone.