Chapter Three - Butterflies

I haven't seen Peter the for the whole week. I ended up helping some of my friends with the parties for the newcomers, so I went to three parties this week already and Paula is trying to convince me to go on another one tonight since is friday. Patrick was with me in all those parties, people is starting to think we are serious, that he's officialy my boyfriend. Which he is not.

I only saw James, Brad and Peter on the library once. Brad and James were on the parties as well of course. However Peter was never this kind of guy, he doesn't party everyday, even if is the beggining of the semester. Brad told me last year was the same thing, he only went to one party. He does go out, but he doesn't like to drink much or even get drunk so he says there's no point in going to this fraternities and party all night long. But he knows pratically everbody of his class and a couple others even not going out so often as I think he should.

My phone rings and I know is him because he told me he was going to call tonight.

" So are you going out tonight again lady?" He says that teasing me.

" Hey Peter. And no, I still haven't decided." Everytime he calls me I found myself with a smile on my face.

" As long you don't drink the whole bottle of tequila..."

"I told you I was sorry! I promise it won't happen again!" Gosh I'm so embarrassed! Wednesday night I drank a little too much and ended up calling him in the middle of the night. Don't ask me why 'cause honestly I don't know what I was doing! All I can remember is that I couldn't stop laughing!

" Don't make promises you can't keep. I told you, if you called me over Patrick, well, that must mean something.."

" Stop it! Patrick was there with me, there's no point in calling to a person once they are already there."

" So he must not be the best company to be with you know.." He just couldn't stop teasing me..

" Peter..Did I say something wrong on the phone?" I was beggining to feel worried. He hasn't told me everthing, I could feel that.

" Of course not, you just kept talking and talking and talking...well and laughing..the whole time!" Then he laughs again, making fun of me.

" Well all I can be sure is that El Jimador is the best tequila ever!"

" I know.."

"How?"

"Because that was the first thing you told me: Peter! El Jimador is amaaazing! You said that like four times!" Oh my God now I am sure I said something I shouldn't.

" I don't remember and if I don't remeber I didn't do it.."

" Ha! Yeah right! And don't roll your eyes at me!" He knows me better than anyone. I was rolling my eyes and now stopped after he said that.

" Sorry, I don't know what you mean.."

" Sophie are you or aren't you going out tonight?" He sounds anxious.

" I am not sure.. why? Do you have something in mind?" Now I am anxious as well.

" I..well..Brad asked me to go tonight but I hoped that maybe you were staying at home too and I though that we could go eat something..I don't know. I don't wanna stay inside but I don't want to go to this party." I could not deny it, it was not a bad idea. I mean, I'm not really in the mood to party tonight either...

" You know what? Deal! Let's go grab something to eat. I drank tequila for a whole month already anyway.." 

" Really? You're going?" He sounds so excited now. I confess, I kind of loved to hear that excitement in his voice.

" Yeah. What time do you want to go?"

" Half an hour?"

" Deal, I'll be waiting."

" Good." I could feel his smile and I smiled as well.

Is was't a date, I know that. But suddenly I started to feel nervous about it..Probably because I'm starting to realize my feelings for him and that scares me. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he's already with someone else?

The weather is so good tonight. You can feel the autumn in the air. So I choose to wear one of my favorite blue navy dress, is like two fingers above the knee, it marks my waist and is slightly loose on my body. I wear my dark brown boots, no wheels on it. After twenty minutes I'm ready. I look one more time at the mirror. My blue-green eyes look anxious, and then I take a look at my skinny body, I do have some curves, some muscle on my thighs. I believe I must thank my genetics, both my parents are athletic, they both have a great body. My dad is really tall, like more than five feet and my mother is not so short either, I am her size I guess, a little more maybe. They're both blonde and have blue eyes, but my whole family is like that. They all are from Tennessee, only my parents moved to Flagstaff, years ago. And people say I look just like my mother, which is not so bad since she's quite pretty. Her hair is short now, but she says that her hair was straight and long like mine is now. I kept staring at me on the mirror until someone knocks on the door. 

I don't know why I'm so anxious right now. But is like there's something in the air, between Peter and I. And there's this butterflies in my stomach..

Suddendy I remember I should open the door.

" Hey!" God! He looks so handsome...he is wearing a white t-shirt and a pants blue jeans and his blonde hair is all messed up. And his perfume..it smells so good..

" Hi." He says in a low voice. And then look at me from head to toe. I look at myself to make sure everthing is in order.

" Is everthing ok? My clothe is bad?" I ask him wondering what could be wrong here..

" No! You look beautiful. I- I mean you look good. Really pretty." He smiles at me and seems a little nervous, embarrassed maybe?

" All right, let me just grab my purse than we can go ok?" I gave him a smile and he says yes with his head.