FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
"This, the kidnapping part, is what I excel at"

       KEVIN SCREAMED, MAYBE EVEN CRIED A LITTLE, AND DIDN'T HESITATE TO RUN

        "Now can I come out?" Frost pleaded. "This, the kidnapping part, is what I excel at." Both sides of the Ice Demon watching Kevin ran through his house and throw every decoration he could get his hands on to detour Mantis and Drax.

           Allison huffed out an irritated breath. "Okay, yes. Deal with it... and don't leave Rudolph behind."

          "I will. Guaranteed."

           Straightening her posture and relaxing her shoulders, Allison closed her eyes and allowed herself to go into a state of calm. The tall home was overwhelmed by the cold touch of the Ice Demon, mist filling the floor with frost building up over the tall windows.

           She bounced on the balls of her feet, ready to ran after the present when she paused and casted a glance to the statue stood by her waist. Frost groaned, and looped her arm under the torso of the decor.

Extending her free arm, Frost followed Kevin to the top of the staircase, the bridge sending a paralysing chill through the mansion. He didn't slow down however, merely ducking and scrambling for safety from the Ice Demon as she tried to pounce.

Frost went crashing into the wall, followed by Mantis hopping onto that very same wall and to the opposite one. An screech passed her lips, doing nothing to ease the fear strangling the world famous actor. He ducked into a nearby bedroom with the three Guardians right behind him and without hesitation he jumped from the balcony of that very room.

The three ran to the edge, watching as Kevin skid down the adjacent bush. His body brought down a collection of lights and pile of shrubbery.

"I'm going to be honest," Frost stated, following Drax and Mantis as the three jumped to the earth below. "He doesn't seem as heroic as Quill made him out to be."

"Who cares! This is all Peter wants, come on!" Mantis hurried down the steep path, stairs produced by slabs of cut concretes protruding from the grass. But she was cut short.

"Wait!" Drax suddenly yelled.

Mantis sharply turned on her heels. "What?"

"I left my little funny man back in the house. I wanna go back and get him."

Frost stomped her foot like a child, tightening her arm around the reindeers next. "Kevin Bacon's getting away, we don't have time for this."

"But you still have your weird monster," Drax dismissed sadly, the comparison making Frost lean back with her nose turned up in disgust. He glanced at Mantis. "And you have your swirly red and white curly man."