EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
"I know that when we're both ready, I will gladly
spend the rest of this... weird life with you"

 weird life with you"

"AW, FROST..." Allison gasped as she lifted the lid off the last present, her other self tenderly whispering directions. After having put up with Frost's reckless impulses for so many years, the Ice Demon figured it was only right for her to get something for the host. The one she sought to protect from absolutely everything. And there was only one thing she knew Allison had really wanted.

          "Rudolph's a good choice," Peter said with a light laugh, watching as Allison pulled the statue from the large box.

            She giggled, jumping with excitement with her fingers tracing across the deer's patterned fur. Tapping the deer's oddly coloured nose, Allison continued to laugh. "He's so cute. But honestly, all the deers are. Kevin Bacon had a whole group of them in his garden. I like his nose."

After concluding his performance and having dinner with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Kevin was forced to bid goodbye to his new friends. With a tight group hug, he had bid them all farewell and a promise of a reunion when Easter came around. Turns out, he wasn't as bad as they had thought and in Nebula's wise words; "perhaps all actors aren't complete pieces of shit." Kraglin had taken him back to earth via the Bowie.

Concluding her short burst of excitement, Allison reached into her inner pocket and pulled out one last gift. She held it out to Peter. "I couldn't resist getting this for you," she confessed.

Tearing back the thin paper, Peter was confronted by a brand new mixtape. He grinned, tracing his thumb over the messy words scribbled over the branding: Awesome Mixtape Vol. 3.

"Now, I don't know anything about music, but the songs on that thing aren't half bad," Allison continued to ramble, offering a slight shrug to try and ease the awkwardness. "Even Frost agrees."

"For once, yes. Yes I do."

                      Peter laughed. "I can't wait," he declared, tucking the mixtape back into Allison's inner pocket as he pulled her closer by her arm. She was caught in a fit of giggles, but managed to comply with his desire and press a gentle kiss across his lips. Cupping his jaw between her cold hands, they pulled back with each of their smiles seeing to be the largest they had ever been.

"Listen, I uh..." As he pulled back, Peter reached into the depths of his pocket.

                     Allison watched with a furrowed brow as he pulled out a necklace, revealing a small ring hanging from the end. The size which would fit perfectly around her ring finger.