SIX

CHAPTER SIX
"But, he's the one thing you've always wanted?"

       RECRUITING THE OTHER GUARDIANS, THEY MANAGED TO UNLOAD THE SHIP AND GIVE KNOWHERE A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS SPIRIT IN RECORD TIME

"Rocket, I am sorry for everything bad thing I have ever said about our group," Allison said apologetically to her oldest friend as they wrapped Kevin Bacon in a secure cardboard box decorated with green wrapping paper and drawings of Christmas trees. "Working with just you, Groot and I is so much better."

          "Excuse me!"

           Allison looked to the skies with a groan. "Considering you left my deer behind, you're not included."

           "It was an accident!" Frost cried out, going on to plead for forgiveness.

            Groot gladly had welcomed the Christmas spirit and let Allison put a pair of reindeer antlers on his head where as Rocket wasn't as welcoming to the thin piece of tinsel she wrapped around his neck.

Rocket snickered. "Of course you should. I at least know what I'm doing, unlike them."

Allison merely rolled her eyes.

The box shook as Groot placed the final piece of tape. "Uh, it's kind of hot in here," came Kevin's voice as he tried to move in the small perimeter. "I don't want to bother you but could I got some air."

The three took a step back from their handy work, Rocket busy scratching his neck that felt extremely itchy with the thin tinsel digging into his skin didn't really find interest in the sudden danger. Allison's brows furrowed as Groot uttered those three famous words, "I am Groot."

Allison pursed her lips. "I'm sure he'll be fine. It's only a few minutes." She nudged her friend urging him to the bar where Peter had been kept for the duration of the decoration time. "Go get Peter, quickly."

Groot ran off, and Allison easily plucked Rocket off the floor and placed him on her shoulder. They easily ascended the steep tower where a selection of spotlight and snow machines were set up. Her friend quickly scrambled to the opposite side, latching his tiny paw over the spotlight before giving Allison the best thumbs up he could muster.

The Guardians waited... before Groot came running out and ducking for cover, insisting Peter was coming. Christmas carols started to play over the loud speakers.

Follow the strict instructions Mantis had dealt whilst decorating, Allison looked out for her friend, noticing her moving through the shadows.

                Giving a thumbs up to Drax, he switched on the hanging lights. Colours ranging from blue to red to green appeared in every which direction, hanging as tall as the skies above. Next she gave a duel thumbs up to both Allison and Nebula, allowing them both to send snow out across the atmosphere. Extending her arms, Allison swiped them through the air, sending a thick gust of cool wind that copied the fluttering snowflakes Nebula sent. And finally, Kraglin activated the final lights that clung in shapes of festive fun.