ten

On the boat, Thor was fiercely walking about when suddenly, Wanda appeared from the shadows, waving her hands around as red energy plopped around his head. He stumbled back, facing her before she disappeared again. He shook his head slightly before continuing down his path.

"Thor! Status?"

"The girl tried to warp my mind," Thor said as he grabbed a drone and smashed it into a wall, "Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay," he then continued on down the hallway, "Fortunately, I am mighty..." his words trailed off when he suddenly found himself at a party on Asgard. He looked around confused, as people around him laughed. Drank. Danced.

Amongst his confusion, he heard the most contagious giggle. Feminine. Sweet. Beautiful. It was like music to his ears...a laugh he hadn't heard in so long.

He quickly swung around, and there he spotted her. The most beautiful maiden. Brown curly hair, olive skin, brown doe eyes. She was laughing with Heimdall, the two of them drinking up wine.

It was then that he knew it couldn't be real. That something was playing tricks on him. That woman...was gone. Some believed to be dead, him as well. He stared at the woman with a great sadness overcoming him. His once friend, his family, the mother of his niece, the wife of his brother.

"Kaarina," Thor whispered and the woman looked over at him, trying to suppress her giggle from the joke Heimdall had told her.

"Thor, darling!" Kaarina exclaimed happily before she and Heimdall approached him, "Where have you been? Your brother and I have missed you!"

"Kaarina..." Thor whispered again, reaching out and touching her soft curly hair, "...What happened to you?"

But Kaarina just giggled, thinking it was some odd joke, "What do you mean, Thor? I'm right here," she said before looking to Heimdall for insight.

Thor looked to his friend as well, finding his eyes were milky white, "Heimdall, your eyes..." he muttered.

"Oh, they see everything," Heimdall said, placing his hands on Thor's shoulders, "They see you leading us to Hel. Wake up!" He then began to strangle Thor.

"I can still save you!" Thor groaned, glancing over at Kaarina, who was staring at them as if she didn't realize he was being strangled, "I can save you, Kaarina! Just tell me what happened!"

"We are all dead!" Heimdall yelled, "Can you not see...?!"

Thor pushed Heimdall off of him right before electricity flickered off of him, "You're a destroyer...Odinson," Heimdall continued.

The electricity seemed to hurt him, as he dropped to the ground, groaning in pain, "See where your power leads..."

He yelled out in pain as he saw the face of something red, opening their eyes. And colored stones floating in space.

———

Meanwhile, Captain America was fighting off Klaue's men, yanking one of them back, when suddenly a blue blur zoomed up to him, crashing him into a set of stairs. Pietro Maximoff hovered over him while Wanda appeared next to the male supersoldier, waving her hand over him as well, red energy plopped around his face. He cringed to himself before everything went dark.

A flash of white startled him. He found himself in the midst of a dance club...in the 1940s. Loud jazz was playing. Champagne was being poured. People were dancing. And there Steve was, in his military uniform, prancing about. A confused expression across him.

"How do I look, daddy?"

Steve swung around to find Allie standing behind him. Except it wasn't her, presently. It was her in the 40s. The small little girl, who was bright and colorful. Before she was captured, before she was experimented on. Before everything.