Chapter 4

I sat beside Bella on her bed doing my History homework as she talked to mom. I wasn't paying attention at all I'm too engrossed in the paper I'm writing about Jasper Whitlock the youngest Major in the civil war. My brows furrow seeing a picture in my history book of him. 

No it can't be

No it can't be. I quickly slam my book shut before getting mumbling something about being tired before rushing to my room thinking of Jasper. I plop on my bed while grabbing my laptop. His skin was ice cold, very pale and sometimes spoke like he was from a different time. I open google and type in the search bar: "ice cold skin, very pale" I hit search and look through the links before clicking on one. The article read:

Cold ones are super fast, have ice cold skin, paler than usual. Cold ones are blood drinking demons that lure woman and men in with their beauty and feast.

I go back to google and search Cold Ones before hitting search. As I was about to click on a link a hand snatched my laptop causing me to let out a slight scream. Standing at the side of my bed was Jasper looking frantic. I quickly scramble backward afraid he'd drink my blood.

"Shh," Jasper whispered as he inched forward. "Don't be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you."

"How do I know for certain?" I asked terrified. 

"I don't drink human blood." Jasper says gently sitting on the edge of my bed. "I drink animal blood. My whole family does."

I slowly nodded relaxing slightly. "What are you?"

"Vampire." Jasper says. "Just don't tell anyone not even your sister." 

I nodded biting my lip. "How did you become vampire?" 

I crawl so I was sitting beside him.

"I was born in 1844 in Houston, Texas. I joined the confederate army at only seventeen, becoming the youngest Major. One night I was helping woman and children evacuate the city when I ran into these three beautiful woman. Their leader, Maria found a liking to me and made me believe what we had was love. She had turned me, making me her second in command for her newborn army. Once the newborns were out of their newborn stage I killed them. It was agony because I could feel their emotions as I killed them. I met two people, they were mates, Peter and Charlotte. I let them escape and eventually they helped me. I then found Alice and her mate Lilith who told me about a different lifestyle and finding you."  Jasper explained.

"What's a newborn?" I asked, "And why was it so import to find me?"

"A newborn is the first year of being a vampire when their blood still runs through their veins." Jasper says. "Also, your my Soulmate, mate for short."

"So we're meant to be together?" I asked wringing my hands together.

"Yes darlin." He smiled.

"Can we uh take things slow for now?" I asked blushing lightly.

"Of course." He smiled. "I'd do anything to make you happy." 

I nodded yawning slightly while rubbing my eyes. 

"Get some rest darlin." He says gently. 

"Will you stay?" I asked, causing Jasper to nod. 

I climbed up my bed slipping under the covers as Jasper turned out the lights. I point in the direction of my fan sleepily. Smiling happily as it turned on. I soon dozed off.

--

I woke up the next morning noting that I was alone in my bed. Yawning as I stretched I climb out of bed turning off my fan before grabbing my homework frowning as I noticed that the paper was finished. I slip everything in my bag before I get dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, black chucks, white tank top and a black and red flannel. I grabbed my coat and bag before going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and headed downstairs. 

"Hey, sis." I smiled at Bella. "Want me to ride with you to school?"

"Please." She says fiddling with the ring mom had given to her that was Grandma's.

I smiled as I fiddled with my locket from Grandma Swan.

It had a picture of her and grandpa in it on one side and Bella and I on the other

It had a picture of her and grandpa in it on one side and Bella and I on the other. We head out the door for school.