24.

; mention of blood

**********

The eerie hours slowly pass by, and the ticking sound of an old clock standing in the dark side of the room fills the void of silence that's creeping into their inner soul. The hollow feeling of anger is building up and the chances of killing are written in the will of their minds. As the ticking sound became the signal for every gust of the wind, the slumber of darkness slowly faded.

Draven is sitting on one of the chairs in his room waiting for the good news but the waiting is in vain. One of his looks out in the castle of the ventrue already delivered the message that the woman was dead.

He tightly grips the glass that he is holding in his hand until it explodes in a sharp shattering sound. He is fuming in anger while his heart sank in dismay but the sudden knock on the door pulls him out of his reverie,

"Sir, someone is here to see you. " The voice of a man behind the door said.

"I told you that I will not accept any guests till tomorrow! " Draven's primal voice but full of anger was heard.

"It's me, Carisi. " The voice of a woman was heard that made Draven's eyes go wide.

He swiftly opened the door with a shocked expression. Confusion is written all over his face, and a longing feeling sparks in his eyes.

"Carisi? " Draven said almost in a whisper.

"Long time no see! " Carisi exclaimed and walked past Draven to enter the room. The strong smell of wine is what Carisi's noticed the moment she set foot inside. The darkness that is common in their everyday lives. The emptiness and silence become a part of them.

"Yeah? So what kind of spell gets you to come here without notice? " Draven closed the door behind him and stare at the woman suspiciously. "Or the great Klaus asked you to do something since you are his barbie girl? " Draven said mockingly.

Carisi tossed the small bottle with blood inside,  ignoring the sarcasm and taunt from the man. Draven glances at the bottle with a serious face and looks at Carisi with cold eyes.

"What's this? " Draven asked, his eyes fixated on Carisi.

"Why are you asking? Isn't that what you wanted from the ventrue? " Carisi answered him while smirking. "Your trap will not work on him, Draven. He can even guess what abomination will come out inside your mouth before you can open it. He can read you like an open book even before you do an evil act against him. " Carisi calmly said and face the window.

"Why are you doing this? How come you have the blood of Klaus? " Draven asked sternly, trying to calm himself to let loose his anger.

Carisi faced him again with her hand crossed her chest. She looked at Draven and smile wickedly.

"You don't have to know why I have his blood, it's none of your business. " Carisi said and walk towards Draven then hold his shoulder, "and why I am doing this? Take it as a parting gift. " Carisi whispered in his ear and gently taps Draven's shoulder and exits the room.

Draven was left dumbfounded and confused. The woman never shows emotion and never offers help to anyone. She was cold as eyes, a flower with no scent.

Draven stares at the red small bottle,

The blood of the lord of the vampire is his hand and he can fulfill his plan. Soon enough, he will become a leader with the strongest weapon. The lycan!

Draven didn't think of any negative thoughts as his mind drowned in his near victory against his lord. Taking the bottle in his hand, he called all his trusted servant warriors.

The sun slowly covered the whole area of the forest, he can only wait until its light settle down on the east.

The dead that is about to have a second life,

Crimson blood is more precious than any gem in the land,

Draven has no idea of his end.

********

Chase is staring out the window, waiting for twilight time. His hair was tossed nicely at the back, and a pair of silver earrings that is in the shape of a cross was neatly placed on both sides of his ears. The black silk choker flawlessly clasps his neck and the red ruby stone is placed in the center, behind it is a clover leaf.

His body-hugger black shirt perfectly hugs his fit body, and a leather small belt clutched on his right arm with a pair of silver daggers hidden inside. His black pants that tightly fitted, and on both sides is another small leather belt with the same pairs of daggers. His army boot-style shoes are hiding a deadly small weapon.

He is ready to go but one thing is missing,

A word from Klaus,

Chase has been waiting for the man but Klaus didn't show up. Although he was the one who asked him to let him do the mission alone, he still expects that somehow, Klaus will appear to see him.

He look around just like he did the first time he arrived at his house. The emptiness that he surely feels is all because Klaus's presence is not there.

As his eyes landed on a white rose and lilies above the table, he fake a smile and look out the window again. The time has come to face his enemies, the revenge will take place at the right moment.

The setting sun slowly hides its light,

Darkness covered the vast land.

Chase reaches for his black leather jacket and wears it, his right hand gripping the wooden stake with its silver coiling around his arm. The sword of protection was placed on his waist, waiting to devour the enemy's souls.

He took a deep breath and release a deep sigh,

He took off in a fast movement without making any sound but the gust of the wind.

The leaves sway and the cricket sound and two forces will collide.

*********

"Ventrue, he's on the move.  " Carlos reported as Klaus sip the last content of his glass wine.

"Tell the others to be alert, I don't want any casualties on our side tonight. " Klaus answered and reach for his kriegsmesser.

*kriegsmesser is a german kind of sword that looks like willow leaf saber.*

"Sir, you promised him. " Carlos reminded Klaus,

"Yes, I promised him that I will let him do it alone. " Klaus smirked and faces Carlos, "we are just a plan B. " Klaus then disappeared from Carlos's sight

Carlos can only keep silent,

He will witness the brutality of his lord again,

And the lycan that is supposed to be their enemy is their lord's weakness. The cold heart started to beat, it will bloom by the pool of blood.

The night started to get eerie, the wind started to blow in full force. The chilly surrounding is like the skin of a dead man, and the sound of hays moves like a beat of a drum. The torch that became the light, the candle that gives scent to the night.

Soon, everything will change,

Their life will be put on the death list,

In the battle between two kinds, the other race will choose sides.

*********

; happy reading!❤